September 2015 Moms

Hospital visit

Anyone already done their hospital tour?
We went on ours last week and over all it looks umm... Nice.
So the hospital we are planing to deliver gives about 20 births per day! And it's 7 floors!
There are two types of rooms. Privet and shared.
With the shared rooms you may get one other roommate (new mama) to stay with you and your "support person" can't stay over night. With the privet there is a chair/bed for your "support person" and it comes with a privet bathroom. The shared rooms are free and the privet start from $550 - $1200 per night.
If I wish the baby can stay with me all night or I can have them take her away.
There is a food menu which I found hilarious. But you could bring outside food. In fact "you can bring anything you want other than a slow cooker".... Darn! I was really hoping to make some delicious stew while I'm at the hospital.
They will provide you with the hospital gown, underwear, soap, blanket, diapers, etc.
And there is no free parking! So crazy!!!
What interesting things does your hospital have?

Re: Hospital visit

• Honestly, I love my hospital. I delivered my son there in august of 2014. My hospital has free parking, "private rooms," breakfast/lunch/dinner for you and your significant other, they provide bathroom necessities and all the necessities for the baby during our stay, I'm not sure if we can use the nursery (I wasn't given the option and plus I would prefer to lose sleep than my child in a room with someone I don't know.) One of the main things my husband and I are excited about (besides meeting our daughter) is the chicken quesadillas, ceasar salad, and the deserts! I love their hospital food.
  • Going on a tour tonight, looking forward to seeing how the hospital has changed since I worked there 4 years ago. I didnt spend much time in the maternity section of course, those ladies rarely need xrays but I have seen the area occasionally when a baby needed an xray. Excited and nervous to see, hoping it will be nice
  • Loading the player...
  • Had my hospital tour last week and I love it! I'm FROM Sarsota, FL and the maternity section is all brand new and overlooks the Bay. (How relaxing!!!) Large private rooms, with a fold out bed for your partner, jacuzzi tub, tv, ipod plug in to bring your own music, baby stays with you all the time, food menu looked good. Free parking, and hospital provides all major necessities pre and post birth. The hospital even provides free infant photo sessions of our baby fay after birth, and an exit celebration on the day you leave. One thing I was just a bit disappointed with is that children under 12 are not allowed in the maternity ward do to high risk of sickness/germs... I was really looking forward to having my God children (3 and 2) come and meet thier little cousin at the hospital for the first time :(
  • All of the delivery suites and recovery rooms are private at our hospital. They have complimentary valet (which I am sure others have to) and free parking, which will be nice when I get dropped off... Bonus, I interned at this hospital years ago and they actually have an amazing cafeteria (seriously) and room service is snappy! I think that will be pretty important to me. 
    ----------------------------
    BFP#1: 01.06.2015 ... Baby Boy Due Date: 9.14.2015 FTM! :)
  • Had my hospital tour last week and I love it! I'm FROM Sarsota, FL and the maternity section is all brand new and overlooks the Bay. (How relaxing!!!) Large private rooms, with a fold out bed for your partner, jacuzzi tub, tv, ipod plug in to bring your own music, baby stays with you all the time, food menu looked good. Free parking, and hospital provides all major necessities pre and post birth. The hospital even provides free infant photo sessions of our baby fay after birth, and an exit celebration on the day you leave. One thing I was just a bit disappointed with is that children under 12 are not allowed in the maternity ward do to high risk of sickness/germs... I was really looking forward to having my God children (3 and 2) come and meet thier little cousin at the hospital for the first time :(

I already knew this fact, but I was also bummed my nephews/niece can't come visit in the hospital! They are like my own kids. I 100% understand the reason but it still sucks. lol.

• I'll be delivering at the biggest children's hospital in the (Canadian) maritimes. Parking is pricy, but I love the rest of it. 24h dial for dining is included (room service menu-you order what you want whenever hungry) and private room is free with my insurance, so hubby and LO can visit whenever they want and baby will room with me. Plus most things I want, like no assessments prior to skin to skin and delayed cord clamping, are already standard there because they have a large midwifery practice there that is making the hospital more natural-friendly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker