July 2015 Moms

Tubal ligation

I had my 3rd baby on the 25th.. 3rd high risk pregnancy.. I made the decision to have my tubes tied, I know it was the right decision... But I'm a little sad that I will never be pregnant again.. Never have that newborn feeling once she grows up.. Which I cried today thinking about how she's not going to be a tiny baby forever... I know it's hormones.. But omg!! I'm having a hard time with this... :/
Like j said I know I did the right thing getting the tubal... But I'm a little sad

Re: Tubal ligation

• MCH77MCH77 member
    I plan on getting my tubes tied as well. I know it is the best thing for me and my family. I'm 38 and have had 4 losses (including a stillbirth at 24w last year). I can't mentally/physically do another pregnancy, as much as I'd love a larger family. I'm content with this plan mentally.

I know it's going to make me sad later. It's just so final, even if it is right choice. ((Hugs)) I think what you are feeling is very normal.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• I wanted to get my tubes tied. But our only hospital is catholic and won't allow it. Ugh! So I'm doing alternate methods. I definitely understand where your coming from. This is my last pregnancy. We have 1 daughter and tried for one more kiddo and ended up getting pregnant with twins so we're done. But it is very sad that I'll never have a new born again. I think about that a lot. It's ok to be sad. Just remember someday you will have beautiful grand babies you can snuggle and spoil :)
  • Loading the player...
  • smccall3838smccall3838 member
    edited June 2015
    No tubal ligation for me. I had mirena before trying for this LO and I liked it. More than anything I liked not getting a period with an IUD.
    I have a son, and this will baby will be our girl. No sad feelings yet about not being pregnant again tho.
  • Thanks ladies. I'm glad I'm not the only one... I keep telling myself to just relax and enjoy her now! She's so amazing
  • irsamirsam member
    I'm debating to get my tubes tied but when I really think about it I do get sad.
  • I'm getting my tubes tied tomorrow as long as little guy comes today (currently induced). I've been emotional for the last week bc I will never feel the little kicks and movements again. I've had horrible luck with my last 3 pregnancies and have a miracle baby right now. My body is just too tired or can't handle it anymore. The decision stinks but it is for the best. That's the only way I seem to get through the emotional stuff. I still cry but I'm getting better.