December 2015 Moms

Feeling Flutters??

I've watched the weekly videos and heard other moms days by now (I'm at 18 weeks) they could see the baby move or at least felt mild flutters or kicks. I haven't felt anything at all. Is this normal or OK to not feel any movement? I'm also not gaining much weight. I've been at the same weight since week 16. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Re: Feeling Flutters??

• Lots of members have been asking these same questions lately, so it seems to be a common concern. Maybe check around the board and read some of the other advice and experiences. Not feeling flutters or not gaining weight just yet is common and normal.
  • Lots of answers on this! I only know because I looked for the same reason. I've had a few movements but nothing frequent or noticeable. If I hadn't been really paying attention I wouldn't have felt it and I'm 17w and a STM. Rest assured it's completely normal. It also really depends on where your placenta is! FTM are more likely to feel baby around 20 weeks. That's when the kicks become more distinguishable. If all of your appointments have been fine then you & baby are good! You'll feel him/her squirm in there soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 17w3d, and I understand what you're feeling! I keep reading that this is totally normal, and my doctor assured the same. So I'm just trying to be patient and not over analyze myself. It'll happen :)