Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Just started charting...

I know you are supposed to wait and start charting on tne first day of your cycle but I figured that I would just start now and get into the habbit of checking every morning when it counts. So, my husband and I have been ttc for about 5 months now with jo luck. Before now I was using an app to calculate when I was ovulating with cm sig s as well. I also started usinh ovulation tests this month as well. I'm really needing some help with charting my temps. I generally have a 28 day cycle with today being cd28. My temp this morning aaz 97.46 which was a slight dip from yesterday at 97.67. Am I out for the month or do I still have a chance that AF will not show?

Re: Just started charting...

• Options

Please switch over to FF.  They have much better tools (one person posted her chart and her app showed no O, we asked her to input to FF, and FF showed clear O patterns).  However, it's hard to tell what your pre-O temps are since you start mid-cycle.  You temp would drop below your coverline back to pre-O temps in anticipation of AF.  In other words, it would drop to below your average temps pre-O (but we don't your pre-O temps).  That drop today is pretty much the exact same as the temps in the past few days. You can search other charts on FF and see what kinda of drop I am referring to.   

Also, are temping at the same time everyday?  You have a pretty decent spike from one day to the other.  FF would show an open circle to denote a difference in the time you took the temp.  That would alert you an change in the variables that would explain a wonky looking temp. 

You can also input CM and OPKs data into FF.  It's hard to interpret without secondary fertility signs on the chart (ie the OPKS and CM).  When did you get positive OPKs and fertile CM?

• Options
    I agree with @kgbbsc7. Without seeing your previous temps, there's no way of knowing. I seriously recommend Fertility Friend. It changed the game for me and takes a lot of the guessing out of it. Plus, when you sign up online there's a 30 day free trial period with all the bells and whistles!

That said, there's always a chance you're not out of the game...then again, there's always the chance that you are. FX for you! If AF does show up, definitely switch to FF. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    hboazhboaz member
    Just seconding what everyone else has mentioned - Fertility Friend is your friend! :)

They have some great tutorials that can teach you more about temping and interpreting your charts, and how to use the app in general.

Since your temp is still above your cover line, you still have a chance if AF hasn't shown yet. Good luck!!
    Me - 30; DH - 30
    TTC #1 since June 2015
    3/16 - Started infertility testing
    4/16 - SA results: borderline low count/morph
    8/16 - Ultrasound and HSG: all clear! Prescribed Bromocriptine for elevated Prolactin levels.
    9/16 - Prolactin down to normal levels! 

IUI #1 - 9/21/16 - Clomid 50mg, Estrace, Ovidrel, Progesterone/Estradiol - 4 follies - BFP! EDD 6/15/17 Team PINK!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hboaz - It looks like OP has been temping for 4 days.  Where do you see a coverline?  Maybe I don't how to read that app??
  • Options
    I am temping at 6am every morning before I get up for work. I got the positive okps from the 15th to the 17th ish. And sorry for the typos. This keyboard is horrible... on the 17th the line was 5he same as the control line while the other two days were darker. 
  • Options
    My temp went up to 98.05 this morning...
  • Options

I'm going to echo what others are saying- I highly recommend FF. It is a much better app. Also, starting to temp mid-cycle is helpful to get you in the habit, but not really helpful in detecting patterns.

• Options
    You can't tell anything from a handful of temps.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Please take your data that you have and insert it into FF.  You say you got OKS on certain days but we can't see those day on the screenshot.  It looks like you have been temping for 4-5 days (which is not nearly enough)