April 2015 Moms

Help! Baby won't sleep

no matter what I do my LO will not stay asleep when I lay him down. I rock him to sleep and he can be totally out and the minute I lay him down or 5 minutes after he's wide awake. Any tips that I can try??? Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• Do you have him laying flat on his back? My son has reflux and when we would lay him flat on his back he would wake up and majorly spit up. The pediatrician said to have him sleep on an incline. Right now he sleeps in his carseat.
  • Loading the player...
  • RSupryRSupry member
    I second this. Mine hates to be flat on his back for sleep. We have a rock and play that we used in our room for the first 8 weeks and now I use it for naps. Once I transferred him to the crib I had to buy a wedge for him. You could also try swaddling, my little one will sleep a lot longer when swaddled.
  • amgphys1amgphys1 member
    edited June 2015

Do you have him laying flat on his back? My son has reflux and when we would lay him flat on his back he would wake up and majorly spit up. The pediatrician said to have him sleep on an incline. Right now he sleeps in his carseat.

Sleeping in a car seat is not recommended.
  • How old? It could be a leap... My lo is going through wonder week leap 3. He has only napped 2 hours yesterday and today and waking every 2- 3 hours at night. I hope it passes soon! Good luck!
  • OostarOostar member
    Where does he sleep? I have my LO in a bassinet right next to me, swaddled. When he wakes up, I turn on the bedside lamp, feed him in my bed, still swaddled, and back to sleep he goes. When we change his diaper, it's the same thing, little lamp and no chatting. My LO does the same thing though during our initial put down for the evening, but zero problems during the night. So maybe if you keep the disruption of feeding and changing as calming as possible, it may help.
  • I have a newborn rock and play sleeper for my lo. It reclines so she is not flat, it rocks, and it vibrates. I have never put batteries in it for the vibration because when I lay lo down and she wakes up I just rock her and she falls back asleep. It is the absolute best thing I have ever bought. (Found it at Target)