January 2016 Moms

Not experiencing much sickness?!

This is my first pregnancy, I am so excited. I'm 10 weeks and 2 days and I'm honestly not experiencing much nausea. I have been extremely tired and I had really sore boobs. But now I feel pretty good. I still feel tired, and my belly is definitely growing, but I really don't have any nausea unless I'm hungry. My friends who have all had babies and are currently pregnant too have had a ton of sickness. It has sort of started to worry me that something is wrong? It has made me feel abnormal. The heart beat and everything looked great at our 8 week appointment. I am so ready for the 12 week. Maybe I'm paranoid. Has anyone else had a pretty "easy" pregnancy?

Re: Not experiencing much sickness?!

• I have! I've had very slight nausea and probably a total of 3 hours of morning sickness that made me want to stay in bed. No gagging, dry heaving or vomiting.

I'm also just extremely tired and my boobs are so sore that is hard for me to move from side to side in bed.

Don't worry about it, just count your blessings and realize that you are one lucky lady! At least for this pregnancy :D
  • I'm 12 1/2 weeks and have been so fortunate and blessed- I have not been nauseous at all except when I brush my teeth. No sore boobs either. So far my 8 wk and 12 wk scan and heartbeat were all fine so I am just counting my lucky stars and say my thank you prayers to God! My husband had been away for work the past 2 months and I have a long commute and long work hours so not sure I could have handled being sick. Be thankful instead of worried!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 13 1/2 and literally ZERO nausea, sickness of any kind. It is definitely different than I expected but just always try to stay thankful for that and a healthy baby! :)
  • I'm in the same boat as you! Hardly any sickness unless I'm hungry... But my boobs are sore and I definitely see some puffiness in my lower tummy! Like the others are saying, we should definitely count our blessings and be happy with such easy pregnancies so far!!
  • I was exactly the same, had zero morning sickness and felt awesome with the exception of being super exhausted until about 10 weeks. I had many moments where i thought i wasn't pregnant and/or there was something wrong. Happy to say I've just got back from the 12 week scan and bub is looking awesome, strong heartbeat, all anatomical features looking great and was squiggling around like crazy
  • I'm 11 w 3 d, a FTM, and in a similar boat. I experienced fairly mild nausea during weeks 5-7, since then I've felt better. My 8 week ultrasound was good but the not having nausea makes me anxious for my "12 week" ultrasound which actually isn't scheduled until July 9th. I have other symptoms though which make me feel slightly better. I was super fatigued until a week ago and still have less energy than normal, sore/bigger boobs, some bloat that comes and goes, moodiness, and the best addition this week is acne which I never even had as a teenager. I've read some of the women say on here that they didn't have ms with previous pregnancies and do with current ones, so all pregnancies really are different, even with the same woman.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • winters17winters17 member
    edited June 2015
    With my first pregnancy I felt FANTASTIC. Everything and everyone is different. This time around I don't feel as good, but still no vomiting (knock on wood)!
    I felt so great throughout my entire first pregnancy, but like you, worried that a lack of symptoms meant something was wrong. Everything was perfectly normal and my son is an above average, incredibly healthy 15 month old. I say just enjoy it!!!! If you go on to have another and don't feel as good the second time around you'll be praying for those days! I sure am! ;)
  • I have only had a couple waves of nausea here and there, no sickness at all. Not even nauseous when I am hungry. I wouldn't worry, everyone's body just tolerates the hormones differently and there's no "right" or "wrong" way to feel during pregnancy! I am 10w1d and have had a couple bad headaches and sore boobs, but not much else. Try not to worry :) We should be grateful that we are not as terribly ill as some ladies on here!
  • Same! Almost 11 weeks and no nausea (ps why is that word so hard to spell). I've had a few unsettled moments and momentary smell aversions. Otherwise my symptoms of sore breasts, exhaustion and hunger have even begun to subside. It freaks me out too, because honestly aside from the daily end of day bloat, I don't feel pregnant at all.
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • I have had some MS literally first thing in the morning and sometimes a dizzy spell to accompany it.  Other than that, I have yet to throw up and other than being pretty tired and unmotivated to get off of my couch, I've had it pretty easy.  I get aches and pains here and there and I've had to pee quite frequently throughout this journey so far, sore/bigger boobs, and usual belly bloat.  I am starting to feel my pelvic area is hardening as I am nearing the end of the 1st trimester in a couple of weeks. I complain about some of my symptoms and then realize 1.  It's all worth it in the end, and 2.  Some poor women have it much more worse, so I am thankful that this hasn't put me out of work or made me become bed ridden because of sickness.
  • Thank your genes! My mom threw up once between all 3 pregnancies, and so far *knockonwood* I only have one week of nausea that included zero vomiting, just intense queasiness that I finally figured out signaled I was starving, and now that I eat basically constantly I feel fine, just tired and hungry. I hate when people make it seem like feeling sicker is a sign of a healthier pregnancy or something, plenty of people never get morning sickness!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've had it fairly easy as well. I'm at 13 weeks and I have yet to throw up. I've had some minor nausea - again mostly when I was hungry. My biggest things were the sore books and exhaustion.
  • This makes me feel so much better. I haven't had a single moment where I thought I was going to be sick, haven't gained a pound, and I my symptoms are sore breasts and end of day bloating. Today I'm 12 weeks and don't have another appt until 13w2d. Just hoping all is well at that next appointment!