Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Jaundice

my LO is just 3 weeks and he had jaundice after birth. It was never a level that had to be treated but the bilirubin was high. He still looks yellow to us. I have read conflicting things--normal still to be jaundiced at 3 weeks and that it is concerning to still be jaundiced.

Anyone else have a child that was jaundiced for over 3 weeks?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Jaundice

• Options
    I would call your pediatrician, is he pooping normal.? That is what gets the bilirubin out of their system. I've heard that it should be at its peak their fifth day of life, not sure why he would still be yellow for so long.? As long as he's not acting jaundice-y I wouldn't be to concerned.
  • Options
    Is he breastfed & are you giving him vitamine D drops with indirect sunlight each day ??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Call your pedi right away.
  • Options
    Are you keeping him under sunlight for some time during mornings? I feel it is better to consult the pediac as he is three weeks. My LO had this problem and we were discharged even when she still had her bilirubin levels little high. Her pediac advised us to show her sunlight every morning. When we went for her 15th day review, her jaundice seemed to be cured.

Preethi NaveenKumar,
    www.DiyaNaveenKumar.com
    Thank you,
    Preethi NaveenKumar
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! Going to call this am.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image