August 2015 Moms

33 weeks...hard stomach...baby less active

I dont know if this is normal. I went from a very active baby to a very quiet one in a day and a very hard stomach over night. My husband is more freaked out than anything. Should I call the doctors?

Re: 33 weeks...hard stomach...baby less active

• victoriaaa1victoriaaa1 member
    edited June 2015
    If you're ever concerned or have to even think about calling a doctor I think you should call and give no thought too it , better safe then sorry but other then that seem like BH to me . It's common for baby to become less active this far along because they have no room to move as much or could just be sleeping . Try drinking something really cold or some apple juice or orange juice , lay down & wait an hour or so .
  • Ive been up since 230am worried and I drank orange juice and laid down and he started to move but hes not really kicking. Is the hard stomach a normal thing?
  • Loading the player...
    edited June 2015
    Yes , that's Braxton hicks . It's normal . If you're feeling him then you should be fine but if you and your husband are concerned and want professional advice give your doctor a call . Like I said better safe then sorry (if anything). Since you are feeling movement maybe give it till tomorrow afternoon and if still the same thing going on and you are still concerned give them a call .

Same things happened to me a few weeks back but turned out he was just sleeping even after drinking orange juice which I thought was weird cause he's never sleeping around that time ever but I don't control his sleeping pattern .
  • I was concerned about the same thing. My Dr told me to drink or eat something then lay down and count movements. Any movement at all counts no matter how small. You should get 10 movements in 2 hours according to my Dr. If you get less than that then you should go to the hospital and get checked out.
  • Ok Thanks for the help. My anxiety goes through the roof if I dont feel him so I start to panic. Its been a common thing for the last couple of months him kicking me constantly. Hope your pregnancy going well.
    edited June 2015
    Yeah I have an extremely active baby he wakes me up in the morning and I literally feel him kicking the sh*t out of me all day till I go to bed , so when I don't feel him like I usually do it makes me kinda freak out. So I understand your panic . But try doing kick counts if you ever feel his movements decrease but he most likely is just sleeping .
  • Ok I hope your right. Im going to call the doctors when it opens this morning. I just want to make sure he is ok