August 2015 Moms

Baby clothes

I am thankful for things that are given to me with that being said I've received a large bag of premie sized clothing and brand new newborn sized winter clothing. Idk what to do with this stuff. I now have a bunch of useless things taking up space in my house. I know ppl mean well but if you give someone something shouldn't it be something useful. I can't return the clothing because I don't know where they came from. Would it be rude if I asked the person where the items were purchased from? They are really nice things just all the wrong sizes. If I was having a winter baby or a premie everything would be perfect. I was thinking about donating the premie clothing to a hospital or something.

Re: Baby clothes

• victoriaaa1victoriaaa1 member
    edited June 2015
    Or if you have Facebook if your city or town has some kind of baby group join it and sell it then use the money for things you need for your LO or give it for free to a mom or dad in need .
  • Im in the same boat...i didnt want anyone buying him clothes and of course thats what everyone bought him for the baby shower so now I have useless clothes and need everything else under the sun. Super annoying.
  • Loading the player...
  • If there is a tag with a barcode on the new items you can download the Redlaser app, scan the barcode and see if it can find where it's from. Doesn't always work but it's helped me a few times with stuff I needed to return or exchange.
  • If there is a tag with a barcode on the new items you can download the Redlaser app, scan the barcode and see if it can find where it's from. Doesn't always work but it's helped me a few times with stuff I needed to return or exchange.

There's also ShopSavvy app. I have scanned several things and taken them back.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kedbachkedbach member
    edited June 2015
    Also, if it's things like carters- the barcodes are universal so you could return at carters, target, buy buy baby, babys r us, or anywhere else that sells carters! Places are also understanding when you say they were gifts and don't have a receipt.. They will scan away at customer service for you to see which items can be returned to their store.
  • I would keep it for now and donate/return it later. It's not too late to have a preemie, plus some babies are just small and/or grow more slowly than others. Also sizing differs between each brand so who knows exactly when each article of clothing will fit your baby?
  • Honestly I would wait it out. My 40 weeker was only 5lb (she never "measured small" or had any other issues during pregnancy, we were very surprised at how tiny she was) and wore preemie for a while and she's always been at least a "season behind" clothes wise. She's 4.5 now and still has some 2T tee shirts that fit just fine. So you never know. Also depending on the brand and fit of the clothes you may actually be able to use some of it.

Like I said, wait it out and of it turns out you really can't use it, give or sell it to someone. I had one outfit that didn't fit and I held on to it for over a year until someone I knew had a baby girl in that season then gave it to her lol. Not that I would do that with a huge bag of clothes, but I'm sure you'll be able to find someone who can out the clothes to good use!
  • Like PP said, I used one of the scanner phone apps to figure out where things came from. Most stores were really great about returns/exchanges even without receipts.

We have a ton of clothes already (I went a little crazy when we found out that we were having a boy) so pretty much all clothing that we received at our baby shower was returned. If you're in the same boat, just don't forget to write thank you notes to those people for their generosity!!
  • mrsb30mrsb30 member
    We were so blessed at our showers and also recieved a ton of clothes, that's mostly what we got. I have a lot of size duplicates and struggle to exchange things as well. I felt bad, but after writing the thank you notes and sorting through the clothes I don't remember every piece of clothing somebody gave me, so that makes it a little easier to exchange. I'm going to wait until LO gets here though to do exchanges because as a ftm I honestly don't know what I need.