February 2016 Moms

Freaking out! Weight gain too fast!

Ladies, I'm posting this and can't find this in the search. 

I am gaining weight too fast! It's really freaking me out. I was 164 and now im 169!!!!!!!!!! I was 167 yesterday? WTH!!! Can you ladies give me some idea's of your exercise regimen daily and what you eat on a daily basis. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. What you drink, Details etc! I really want to maintain my weight for as long as possible. Thanks in advance!

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

Re: Freaking out! Weight gain too fast!

• It's probably water weight so I would t worry too much yet. You will probably slow down. I know I'm drinking a ton more water because I'm always thirsty.
  • RRC216RRC216 member
    Good call. I think I need to up my water intake. Which will suck when I have to pee! I do mobile grooming. I practically live in my bus!

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• Loading the player...
  • I bet it's just water weight too! Did you happen to eat salty food yesterday? Maybe not enough water? Hang in there, it'll be ok! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd talk to your doctor if you're concerned. They can give you a better idea of what they expect you to gain at this stage and get you set up with a dietitian if neccessary. 

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• I can do that in a day depending on what I've ate, drank, had a BM, etc.  I would just make sure to eat better, exercise if you can and drink plenty of water.  Not much you can do outside of that.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Weight can fluctuate, especially in the first-trimester. I am in a similar situation---was up 4 pounds yesterday and this morning I was up 2.5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. Talk to your doctor if you are concerned, but otherwise just make sure you are drinking plenty of way. My doctor told me to aim for 64 ounces a day. It helps keep my kidneys clear and flushes out your body and eventually your babies. You can also be sure that you are eating healthy and keep your sodium down which will help your body not retain a ton of water weight. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agree about potential water weight. This is my third pregnancy, and the third time I've gained five pounds basically immediately after peeing on the stick. It's annoying, but just what my body does. :)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Keep in mind that even not pregnant your body can fluctuate up to 2 lbs a day just from water and food intake. I wouldn't be too stressed at this point, just try and eat healthy and take care of yourself.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
                    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited June 2015
    I would weight yourself weekly and at the same time of day.  That will help give a clearer picture.  I have not gained any weight yet, but I am only 7 weeks.  I have been focused on limiting my simple carbs (e.g. bread, pasta, white rice) and not "drinking" my calories. These are tips my doctor gave me.  I am sure yours can give you helpful advice specific to your situation.  Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker