November 2015 Moms
Options

Tarzan has a genetic abnormality

why does Tarzan NOT have a beard....... I never really thought about it until just now. His dad had an awesome sideburn-mustache thing going!!
Or even hair on his chest..

Re: Tarzan has a genetic abnormality

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never thought about it before.. That is an excellent point!!
  • Options
    kwaldy said:

The only reason I knew that wasn't your LOs nickname is because I was watching Tarzan on ABC family when this post came up. Lol.

Haha That's exactly where it came from!
  • Options
    AshenSkyAshenSky member
    edited June 2015
    anikajoy said:

Okay, I totally thought you had nicknamed your LO Tarzan and this was a serious t&p post. Glad that's not the case!

If I was going to name LO after anyone... It would be Poe.. She is a kung fu Buddha belly machine! Haha
    I can see how that would be misleading though, sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    My brothers don't grow facial hair but my dad did. My grandfather on my mom side was part native American his mom (my great grandmother) was Cherokee. So maybe that's why. If you look at most native Americans they don't grow facial hair. My DH'S grandfather also doesn't grow it and DH also doesn't grow it well. Although this is definitely not science backed just an observation I have made.
  • Options
    Same reason Curious George doesn't have a tail.
  • Options
    Gapeach83 said:

My brothers don't grow facial hair but my dad did. My grandfather on my mom side was part native American his mom (my great grandmother) was Cherokee. So maybe that's why. If you look at most native Americans they don't grow facial hair. My DH'S grandfather also doesn't grow it and DH also doesn't grow it well. Although this is definitely not science backed just an observation I have made.

I can see that. My ex husband is Native American and he has spotty facial hair. But, in the movie his mom and dad both look pretty Caucasian haha:)
    I know it's all just for the sake of attracting viewers. I just think it's funny observing all of the shows/movies we watched as we were younger and didn't notice or question things like that.
  • Options
    AshenSky said:

Gapeach83 said:

I can see that. My ex husband is Native American and he has spotty facial hair. But, in the movie his mom and dad both look pretty Caucasian haha:)
    I know it's all just for the sake of attracting viewers. I just think it's funny observing all of the shows/movies we watched as we were younger and didn't notice or question things like that.
    They do a lot that you don't notice until your adult that is just not logical. They also have adult humor that you miss as a kid. I also believe Tarzan was from England originally (it's been forever since I have seen it so I could be wrong) so my explanation wouldn't really work I was just reaching for a reason. Disney gets away with a lot of stuff when we where kids that we look at today and shake our heads.