Pregnant after 35

Has anyone had a vaginal delivery after a previous c-section?

Hello. My husband and I recently found out that we are expecting our eighth baby. I delivered the first six vaginaly, but the seventh was a c-section. My Ob told me that if I had another child I would have to have a c-section because you can't have a vaginal birth once you've had a c-section. I've noticed that there are some Ob's that will do a vaginal delivery when the mom had a c-section before. Has anyone else been through this? If so, what was your experience?

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Thanks. I'm glad to know it can be done. I had an emergency c-section almost five years ago because the baby's heart rate dropped. My doc said that once you've had a c-section you can never have a vaginal delivery. Looking for a new doc...
  • Zippibird said:
    Looking for a new doc...
    Good choice!!
  • f786f786 member
    I had a VBAC and it was a year and a bit after my section as I fell pregnant when my youngest was 5 months old! It went well and there was no problem with my past history. The only disaster was they didn't give me an epidural and I had a totally natural birth which I didn't want. I love drugs. So this Time I'm going back to c section....
  • My SIL had a c/s with her first baby (at 32yo) and then had 3 HBACs at 35, 39, and 42. She was super involved in ICAN up in DC. You should see if there is an ICAN group around you for support, or at maybe join a Facebook group. :) and agree w/finding a supportive OB; that makes *all* the difference - good luck!

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama!