November 2015 Moms

Suburb & rural dwelling STMs+

DH, DD, and I live in a suburban/semi-rural town. We have to drive EVERYWHERE. We also live in NJ so our outings, where strollers are used, are mostly malls or shopping centers. We currently have the single Britax travel system. DD will be 20 months when the new baby arrives and I know that I am going to need a double stroller. Has anyone gone through this process already and either made a decision or narrowed down their options?

I definitely need a stroller that can accommodate two babies and I think that a tandem one would be better given our shopping area set ups. What do you ladies recommend? Just putting it out there though, I personally will not be spending 1k on a stroller. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Suburb & rural dwelling STMs+

• We are getting a tandem stroller from BRU. I think it's called the contour. It's compatible with the B-Safe carseat (we have the B-Agile travel system currently), so we won't need to buy a new seat, bases, etc.

Have you tried the baby gear board? That's where I went for some research in this.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg

• Thanks @JLW0504. I'll take a look there. All of the options are overwhelming. I'm afraid of buying something and regretting it. We too have the B Agile system with the B safe car seat so we'd prefer not to have to buy a new infant seat.
  • Loading the player...
  • nano1nano1 member
    We're getting the contour also, I read it's lighter than the city select and you don't have to remove the seat to fold it.
  • My kids are 23 months apart.

We had the kolcraft contour and it was a bit long, but it was much more budget friendly, came with all of the accessories, and the basket underneath was huge( which was amazing for things like grocery shopping or trips to the boardwalk or kids amusement parks as they got a little older.).

The other thing that we liked better than the city select or the strollers with the rumble seats was that they were both at the same level and one wasn't wedged almost under the stroller. They were also far enough apart that they couldn't really kick each other too much.

We didn't really want to spend a ton on a double stroller because my son never really loved the stroller to begin with, but wasn't quite mature enough for something like a sit and stand.