1st Trimester

1st ultrasound tomorrow...nervous

Hey all! I have my first ultrasound tomorrow and I'm super nervous. We miscarried in February, at 12 weeks, after 2 rounds of IUI. We knew the pregnancy wasn't viable at 5 weeks but wanted nature to take its course. We started IUI again in June and got pregnant after 1 round. I'm excited but scared. I didn't realize how difficult it would be losing a child. It was an absolutely profound experience. Now, with this baby, I'm scared to let myself feel anything. We had our initial blood test and my numbers were great. The second blood test 1 week later showed my hcg/b increased appropriately but my progesterone dropped. I was immediately put on vaginal progesterone suppositories. I have PCOS and I've read that it happens sometimes.

I'm so scared tomorrow will be more bad news. I'm trying to be hopeful and optimistic but it isn't easy. Any ideas? Tips?
***Loss mentioned***
Me: 38  DH: 38
Married: 12-15-2012
TTC: January 2014
IUI 12-11-2014 ... BFP: 12-24-2014 MMC: 2-17-2015 @ 12 weeks
IUI 6-1-2015 ... BFP: 6-16-2015 MC: 7-19-2015 @ 9 weeks 2 days
IUI 3-4-2016 ... BFP: 3-20-2016 MC: 5-2-2016 @ 10 weeks 3 days

Re: 1st ultrasound tomorrow...nervous

• I've been through the same. Our 1st cycle of ivf/icsi took and I was actually very nervous before our 7 week ultrasound. I asked myself what I would do if there was no heartbeat or if it was a non-viable pregnancy. My answer was" to try again".

Once I had the negative scenario played out , I started focusing on positive scenarios. Watched 1st ultrasound videos on youtube and hoped for the best. I think remaining neutral is keeping me sane. I'm lessed stressed when I've laid out all my options and have made peace with them.

Wishing you all the best for your 1st ultrasound!!
  • Good luck im sure everthing will turn out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Just want to say good luck xxx
  • Good luck, fingers crossed for you :) xx