November 2015 Moms
Options

Very low baby at 18 weeks

hey mums !
Does anyone else feel there baby is laying very low at 18 weeks ?

Re: Very low baby at 18 weeks

• Options
    Yes. They should be. Totally normal.
  • Options
    At 18 weeks your uterus is still below your belly button. So that's appropriate
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did your doctor tell you the baby was low? Or are you just thinking that the baby feels lower than you would expect? My last baby was low, but my doctor told me that based on my ultrasounds - I never could feel that he was low. The only reasons the doctor was even concerned about the baby's low position was that it made it difficult to see his head on the ultrasound. Other than that, the low position was no big deal. If you are worried, talk to your doctor.
  • Options
    The US tech and Dr commented on how high my baby was. Every baby is different. Nothing to worry about unless the Dr is worried
  • Options
    This is my 4th so that could be why for me but yes I feel at 21 weeks this one is sitting lower. Like it likes to hang out as low as it can and it gets uncomfortable. I am already holding my belly and fe like this is going to be a long 19wks. I usually do t feel this way until 30wks
  • Options
    Yes mine is sitting very low
  • Options
    Yes, mine is very low. 18 weeks and 2 days here.
  • Options
    I'm 21 weeks and feel like baby is very low. Havnt really felt baby move either. But every once in a while feel spasams (which might be baby) super low!
  • Options
    I am 21w3d and my LO likes to stay super low. I was planning to ask doctor at my appointment next week. I am feeling her move consistently and have been even seeing it since I was 18w which is how I know she moves up because I see her move right below my belly button but many times, she is moving at my panty line. Frustrating when my mom and MIL are excited to see her moving (first grandbaby) and i have to explain to them she spends a lot of time at my panty line and no, you can't stare at it to see her move! Lol

I have never heard a doctor concerned over a baby being low I guess it's just preference. They say girls tend to stay lower than boys.
    Married: 6.28.14
    TTC #1: 2.1.15
    BFP: 2.23.15 EDD: 11.6.15  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My LO is hanging out down low this time (my last was solidly planted in my ribs).  I've read that they can feel lower with subsequent's pregnancies, but I also think it's the way people's bodies are built.  I'm just about 22 weeks and it was so bad this weekend, I swore I was going to see a little hand waving at me every times I used the restroom.