February 2016 Moms
Options

Exercising while pregnant?

martha71782martha71782 member
edited June 2015 in February 2016 Moms
I'm pretty sure there is a thread on this here but I can't find it! How are you all modifying your exercise regimen while pregnant? I'm an avid runner and do yoga 4x a week so I want to stay active but be smart about it. I've already had to bow out of a marathon I'm registered for in October :( but I don't want to risk my or my babies health. Curious how you all are staying active! I live in Minneapolis which is an active city but that will stop come November

Re: Exercising while pregnant?

• Options
    November :)
  • Options
    I am continuing to practice yoga everyday.  I just make sure to stay clear of inversion poses and listen to my body.  Other than that I chase around my soon to be 3 yr old.  That girl is Wild!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a runner but don't like running while pregnant. I feel uncomfortable while running and don't enjoy it as much. So last pregnancy I did a lot of long walks, swimming, and if at the gym the eliptical or bike. I also use light free weights for s
  • Options
    Opps.. Didn't finish. I meant to write for easy arm exercises.
  • Options
    I'm not a runner, but I do lift weights and do conditioning at a gym. My personal trainer said that since I've been doing a consistent regimen for several months pre-pregnancy, I won't have to change anything until closer to the end of the first trimester (only 6w + 5 now). My PT said that later on I won't be able to do exercises that require me to lie on my back or my stomach for long periods of time. She says she has some clients that continue to workout into their 8th month.
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I have been working out for 14 years. I have a DD who just turned 2 and with her, I worked out ( elliptical and weights - including safe squats) up until the day before I delivered my Peanut. I found it challenging to run in the first trimester due to fatigue and by trimester #2, it wasn't comfortable to run. I am finding it to be true with this pregnancy too. Nevertheless, stay active and healthy any way you are able. Awesome work, ladies!
  • Options
    I'm still doing everything I was doing pre-pregnancy: yoga, running, HIIT. Ive toned down the running mostly due to fatigue, but I am keeping up with everything else. I have a 10k towards the beginning of 2nd tri, but I've stayed away from registering for anything longer.
  • Options
    I do Barre (which is an amazing total body workout) 4-5 times a week and the further along I get there will be modifications for me. It has been hard at times from fatigue but I feel great after. I also walk a lot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am a runner but b like most of you have c said it's uncomfortable to run while pregnant. .. and it sure has been. The fatigue and being nauseous has disrupted the enjoyment it used to give me. It's awful.... I try to run 3.5 to 4 miles a day on the weekends I up ot to 5 miles. I've cute back on the milage since getting pregnant. F
  • Options
    I hear Ya! I do RAGBRAI every year with my mom and we currently bike at least 20 miles a day. Won't be biking across Iowa this year :( with my first daughter I never exercised and my labor was so long and pushed for 3 hours. My 2nd I worked out every single day until I popped and she literally slid right out. I am going to continue biking and working out with this one until what I'm doing is uncomfortable, then just modifying from there. I do Yoga too, I will def keep that in my routine.
  • Options
    I'm modifying my lifting routine, but still working hard. I'm planning to deadlift 205 lbs today.
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • Options
    Run hills. On the treadmill or outside, going uphill slows the pace so that baby isn't rattling inside. Hills are sprints in disguise, you still get that burn and sweat even though you are moving much slower.