March 2015 Moms

Pacifier missions!!

my baby is 14w old. She's usually such a good baby! Sleeps 9-10 hours a night. Lately she's had us on a huge mission with her pacifier though. When it falls out of her mouth, she'll cry and cry (sleeping bc her eyes Are closed) until I put the pacifier back in her mouth and she'll fall asleep again, until it falls out again, then the cycle repeats itself. I've tried to wait a few minutes of her crying to see if she'll fall back asleep with out it but she'll cry so hard she'll wake herself up and then it's even worse bc I have to calm her down before she falls asleep again. Anyone gone/going thru something similar and can give some advice? Help!

Last night I ended up feeding her at 2AM (haven't done this for a while bc she'll usually sleep until 5-6AM) in hopes she would go back to sleep soundly and she did until 630 when her pacifier fell out.

Re: Pacifier missions!!

• I heard that the wubanub is good because it sits on the chest and baby can just root for it if it falls out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• Mummy0315Mummy0315 member
    edited June 2015
    A friend of mine had this exact issue with her little girl. She ended up having to stop using the pacifier all together and that worked for them after she got used to falling asleep without it. My son used to use the wubanub and he loved it. Actually, it was the only paci he would take until he started teething now he won't take it anymore! He never used it at night bc he would always spit it out before he fell asleep. Maybe try the plastic ones that have the groove for the top of the mouth (not sure that those one are called), it might not fall out as much. You could always try letting her get used to sucking her thumb. I know a lot of mothers would rather their child use a paci that way the can say " the garbage man took it" lol or "we can't find it" some story to get them stop the habit when they are a toddler. Also for health reasons since the paci can be cleaner than their hand but they put their hands in their mouth anyway. However, it would be easier for them to self soothe in the middle of the night or whenever they drop their paci and you're unable to give it back to them right away. Just a thought! Good luck :)
  • Loading the player...
  • ZAP3913ZAP3913 member
    edited June 2015
    ThanK you!!!
  • Thank you!!
  • Wubbanub are amazing! I used them with my son. The weight keeps it in place for the most part and my son seemed to find the animal soothing; he constantly gripped it and wrapped his hands around it.
  • Love the wubanub too!! :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers