January 2016 Moms

Am i Crazy?

I want to wait and not find out the gender. My husband wants to know as soon as he can but he respects my decision. Everyone I know found out the gender, that they needed to plan out the nursery. They say they couldn't wait. I've even had friends call me crazy bc they would be too impatient to not find out. I am having the DNA first test done in a few days. 10weeks5days. But I already told my OB I don't want to know the sex. Is there anyone else out there who is waiting? I definitely feel like the only one.

Re: Am i Crazy?

• There are actually quite a lot of mothers on here who are team green. I think it's an awesome idea, but I'm finding out on the 17th. I definitely would like to be team green if I have other children though!
  • sck601sck601 member
    There's a lot of moms who are team green on this board. If you search in the search bar, multiple threads will pop up. I would love to be team green, I just don't have the patience.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We aren't finding out until the birth :)

I've figured that most of the stuff I need is multisex and we will be able to do before. I'm looking forward to putting my baby in white or cream and going on a massive shopping spree once he or she is here!

Also, in regards to nursery, I'm going to go for a colour scheme of white and grey. Then when the baby is here I can either pop in some pink or some blue/green accessories.

You're not alone :D
  • DH and I are waiting to find out. We waited with our first and it just felt right! Definitely the majority of women in my life are finding out the sex with the DNA test as soon as possible, but it never felt like the thing to do for us. You're definitely not alone! :)
  • Team green!
  • We are not finding out either! We didn't find out with my first who is now 2.5 yrs old! Go team green!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 100% team green and proud. Don't let others make you feel weird or pressure you.

***BFP and Loss Mentioned in Siggy***

Me: 39 (PCOS)
    DH: 47 (slightly low volume...considered MFI)
    TTC since 11/2012
    10/2013:  IUI#1 BFN - 50mg clomid, two .75mg shots of Bravelle, ovidril trigger...1 follicle
    11/14/13: IUI#2 BFN - 50mg clomid, two .75 mg shots of Bravelle, ovidrill trigger..2 follicles

IVF #1 w/ICSI:  ER 3/12/14; ET 3/17/14:  BFP!!!  Beta #1 3/31/14=1540;  Beta #2 4/2/14 =2551

Twin A became an angel on 4/30/14 (8w6d)

Twin B became an angel on 5/21/14 (11w6d)

D&C 5/23/14

FET#1 - 9/2/14 - BFP!!! Beta #1 (9/15): 926.  Beta #2 (9/17): 1946.

MC -9/20/14
    FET#2 - 4/20/15 - BFP!!! Beta #1 (5/4): 1277.  Beta #2 (5/6): 2817.  US#5 -153 heartbeat.
    Due Date: January 6, 2016
  • You're not crazy. A lot of people love the suspense. I wouldn't mind not knowing but DH wants to find out.
    We'll find out if the US tech can tell us at the anatomy scan around 20 wks. Otherwise we'll be in the dark until baby is born too.
  • I don't want to find out but I promised DH that if they are able to see on our 20 week scan that he can find out but is sworn to secrecy!
  • We're not finding out either!! Go team green!!!
  • We are not planning on finding out. Exciting to have a surprise.
  • Team green here! I think it's exciting!
  • It's totally a personality thing, I think. I'm the type of person who hates surprise, I find them annoying and not fun, I would have hated a surprise birthday, and this baby was planned down to the week, lol. But if you think surprises and suspense are fun and not painful like I do, then don't let others ruin that for you!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I never heard of team green before now! Thanks!
  • And I'm doing the nursery white and grey also! Feels good to not be alone. Kwentela, are you sure he can keep a secret! Lol :-SS