February 2016 Moms

Very light pinkish discharge

I went to the bathroom is morning and had very light watery discharge on the tp with a slight pinkish color. Same thing after I went to the bathroom again a few hours later. I am 5w along. Anyone else have the same experience? Called my insurance nurse line and they said it could be normal or could be abnormal

Re: Very light pinkish discharge

• linny4linny4 member
    I would suggest that is it continues or gets worse to schedule an appt with your doctor or go to ER. Spotting is normal but If it turns bright red then it should be monitored.
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Dating 02/04/2004 Married 08/11/2012
    TTC 08/2014 
    BFP 01/01/2015
    MMC 10 weeks 02/16/15
    BFP 06/18/2015 DS Born 02/28/2016 
  • MrsJG3MrsJG3 member
    Did you you have sex? That can cause a small amount of spotting. If it continues I would give a call to your OB tomorrow. If you start cramping or soaking a pad an hour you need to go to the ER.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• Loading the player...
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Don't you hate those answers? I had pink spotting with my last pregnancy and ended up miscarrying.
    Just stay positive.
  • MrsJG3MrsJG3 member
    4N6s said:

Don't you hate those answers? I had pink spotting with my last pregnancy and ended up miscarrying.
    Just stay positive.

Why would she hate those answers? Do you think she likes being told when it happened to you it ended in miscarriage? No ones situation is the same and we are not doctors. I have been bleeding for 11 days straight and I am still pregnant. I have bled in all my pregnancies and have three living children. I have also had two losses where I had no bleeding at all. All we can do is offer support. None of our experiences have any bearing on the outcome of others.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• RRC216RRC216 member
    edited June 2015
    4N6s said:
    Don't you hate those answers? I had pink spotting with my last pregnancy and ended up miscarrying. Just stay positive.

Well said @MrsJG3 ! Telling someone you ended up miscarrying isn't comforting and all your doing is putting her in distress. Put yourself in her situation, would you be comforted reading your answer? I think not! Ladies, let lift each other up and be supportive!

mfitzgerald21: It's not your imagination. It's quite common to have more vaginal discharge during pregnancy.

What you're noticing is probably normal leukorrhea – the odorless or mild-smelling milky discharge that you may have noticed in your underwear before you were pregnant. There's just a lot more of it now, partly because of increased estrogen production and greater blood flow to the vaginal area. This discharge is made up of secretions from the cervix and vagina, old cells from the walls of the vagina, and normal bacterial flora from the vagina.

https://www.babycenter.com/0_vaginal-discharge-during-pregnancy_270.bc

sex can also cause this as well as suppositories. Might be a UTI as well!

If you notice more of it, contact your doctor. They should be able to check you out and put your mind at ease! It can be quite common. All pregnancies are different that others! We all have different bodies! No two are alike! Take care!!!

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• RRC216RRC216 member
    edited June 2015
    Found this too! Pink Vaginal Spotting During Pregnancy First, be reassured: Pink blood usually isn't something to be overly concerned about. Pink spotting is quite normal during early pregnancy. In fact, you may experience some pink or light red bleeding at the time that the fertilized egg implants on the uterine wall (implantation). The bleeding that you experience early in pregnancy is actually coming from your cervix. During pregnancy (and particularly in the early phases of a first pregnancy) your cervix is settling and preparing for the work that it's going to do protecting your uterus from infection and then later, opening to allow the baby to come out. Your body is going to experience a lot of changes early on in pregnancy, and this is only one of them. As the cervix settles, it may bleed a little bit, but this isn't typically something to worry about. If this bleeding is pink (light or dark) or watery, watch for further developments but you shouldn't need to contact your doctor or your midwife unless you begin to experience cramping as well. Please do note, however, that occasionally cramping and bleeding accompany one another at the time of implantation. Rest assured, on that note, that you won't know you're pregnant yet so you're less likely to be worried.

Suggested Reasons for Light Pink Spotting in Early Pregnancy

• Implantation, or blood left over from implantation
    • Settling cervix in early pregnancy
    • Minor cervical injury

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• I had a little pink and a little brown and a little tan early on (~5 weeks). It ended up stopping and so far all is well. This time, mine never turned bright red. When I had a miscarriage, it did start as pink and brown then turned red. As such, my instinct would be to tell you that as long as it stays pink or brown then goes away, it's probably fine, but may be more of a concern if it turns red. In either case, I'd talk to your doctor so they can best advise you. It's frustrating, but sometimes bleeding is ok and sometimes it isn't. Unfortunately, only time will tell. Thinking of you!
  • Thank you!
  • I am 6 weeks and 1 day and also have been experiencing mild pinkish mucus type discharge intermittently over last few days, I have an appt with my OB tomorrow but trying not to worry as many women experience some bleeding in first trimester and have healthy babies... Staying positive and lots of prayers is all we can do! Best wishes to all of you!
  • I had the pink/ brown discharge and cramping. I freaked and went to the ER. They did a ton of tests and said baby was fine. I was told it it's red and cloty or more blood than a regular period, then I should be concerned.