March 2016 Moms

Gtky How do you spend your Sunday's?

StormiewinterStormiewinter member
edited June 2015 in March 2016 Moms
ds and I are home alone since Wednesday so I am getting a little stir crazy. We are having a nice big breakfast today with bacon and eggs in a basket which is a tradition in our family. Since it is raining for the second straight day I think we may make the hour trip to billy beez just to get out of the house.

Gtky: does you family have abmny Sunday traditions or are there ones you plan to start when lo arrives?

*edited because autocorrect doesn't like things that are spelled funny

Re: Gtky How do you spend your Sunday's?

• Currently, it's just DH and me and we tend to have lazy Sundays. We try not to schedule anything if it can be avoided and I make breakfast, we watch Netflix, or hang out on our deck reading if the weather is nice.

When LO arrives, I imagine we will make Sunday a dedicated family day. DH works very long hours during the week (heck, often the weekend, too) and Saturdays will inevitably be busy with different events so it will be nice to set aside Sunday for an "us" day. My mom has always envisioned Sunday family dinners when grandchildren arrive (this will be the first on both sides)... At this point I honestly feel like that would be too much considering they live an hour away, DH has a big family who will also want to be involved, and it will be hard to travel with a LO every Sunday at first. I think I'd like to begin a once monthly Sunday dinner with my parents, instead. We see my parents a lot as it is (and my mom will be watching LO 1-2 days/week) so I hope they'd be okay with that.
  • J234J234 member
    No special plans or traditions.  We sleep in as late as the 3yo allows, watch cartoons and eat a leisurely breakfast.  Kiddo and I did a yoga dvd... DH went for a bike ride.  Sometimes we all go hiking or for a bike ride.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Sunday's are usually our lazy days! We hang out at the house playing until ds nap at 1. when he wakes up (usually around 3-3:30) we will go run a few errands and grab dinner! Happy Sunday everyone!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Typically... Get some work done around the house in the AM, play rugby in the afternoon, come home and cook a big roast dinner and catch up on TV with DH.   I suspect with LO life will be much the same but I will be watching rugby for the next 1.5 years :/

Today I had to drop DH off at the airport as he is heading to Sicily for work.  So I then went to my BFF for lunch and gave her some extra clothes as at 5 months she has started to really show... and I have lost 20lbs so I have quite a few floaty type dresses that will suit her.  Then I did the grocery shop and picked up some baby things I bought on the UK version of Craiglist.  Including a Moses bassinet with rocker for £20 (normally £60+) and cute baby converse for £10 (£25+)

• ashcavashcav member
    Lately our Sundays involved going to open houses, since we're house hunting. We went to 6 or 7 houses today!