July 2015 Moms
Options

What is this pain on my belly?

I might be a little late to the party, maybe others were getting this months ago, but I have this "burning" spot at the top of my belly. What is this? I'm 36w4d. It just doesn't stop and it only gets worse as my day goes on. It doesn't move. Is this some nerve pain or what? This is my second and I don't remember this with my dd. Tia! :)

Re: What is this pain on my belly?

• Options
    Not sure about that! I haven't experienced this. Could it be your tummy stretching??
  • Options
    I have these occasionally. Mine don't stay all day though. The doctor said is probably ligaments or muscles being pulled or the baby is pushing out at that spot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jumping over from August. I had the exact same thing with my first. Very top of my belly was a burning sensation, almost a tingly numbing feel. The feeling never went away. My dr. said it was normal, from stretching and pulling. Weird thing was that the sensation lasted for several months after birth.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    jlsweets said:

Jumping over from August. I had the exact same thing with my first. Very top of my belly was a burning sensation, almost a tingly numbing feel. The feeling never went away. My dr. said it was normal, from stretching and pulling. Weird thing was that the sensation lasted for several months after birth.

oh no, after birth too?! I've had this since early in my second trimester, accompanied by pain in my left rib cage. Mine doesn't stop either though I've noticed it tends to be worse some days than others. From what I've read and heard it's completely normal. Very annoying though! Hang in there momma, hopefully it goes away soon!
  • Options
    I get the same thing, burning sensation on my skin. It's showing up if I sit on couch for a while or sleep in weird position, walking works for me.
  • Options
    Hey! 36 weeks here. I've had this the last month and a half. Baby girl has been breech my whole pregnancy so her head and arms are way high up in my ribs, so I am in constant pain and my whole under boob area is painful and my skin is numb, my doctor said it is normal and not much you can do except maybe use a little bit of hot or cold pressure. It's a mix of baby on nerves, just being really high up there and even if your baby wasn't breech it could be that your placenta is resting really high and pressing on the nerves which could be why you have the constant feeling. Oh the joys! Soon enough though right mommas!!