August 2015 Moms

Favorite Childhood Toys

So all of this troll activity (and @carleyec93 's picture of the trolls) has me thinking about toys from my childhood. Let's see some of your favorites...I could post a million! P.S. - my son came home from my parents' house today with one of my old glow worms!

Re: Favorite Childhood Toys

• Loading the player...
  • edited June 2015

I loved my Polly Pockets back when they were tiny and a choking hazard compared to the bigger versions now. I loved my skip it too but I neglected my furby and it has been in a coma since 1999 :\">

Polly Pockets were the shiz!! I still have a big stuffed monkey from when I was little that'll be a hand me down to my little one! Hopefully she'll be nicer to it than I was!
  • SHiebSHieb member
    The tiny poll pockets, barbies, and beanie babies were what I loved!
  • Bitty Babies! (From American girl doll company) I was obsessed with my dolls!
  • Original Polly pockets, trolls ;) , and popple. Popple by far my favorite. I actually had to buy 1 off eBay(like 10 years ago) cause I needed one. 2 years ago I came home from work to her on the floor and covered in puppy drool. My dog is very lucky that she was unharmed!
  • mrswiebe09mrswiebe09 member
    edited June 2015
    I loooved my Polly Pockets too! Skip It, Ribbon Dancer, Barbie's, Spiraldoozer, Blo Pens, Easy Bake Oven. Those all stand out in my head :)
  • I loved Polly Pockets and Barbies, carebears, trolls. Also my little pony. The new ponies suck though.
  • mrsb30mrsb30 member

Loved my MP3 player ;) and raggedy Ann! Gosh makes me feel so old!

Oh I loved that record player so much! Older toys were so much better!
  • I loved my skip it too! Until my mom ran it
    Over with the car :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Omg, I loved all of these! Polly Pockets & Skip It were my favorites...and Barbies.

Also, ran this into the fence one too many times haha :)
  • I was a huuuge Barbie fanatic. I had so many Barbies, the Barbie dream house, a Barbie limo, a horse, and a bunch of other stuff lol.
    I also had several stuffed animals, mostly cats. I've still got one from when I was two :)
    Has anybody else noticed stuffed animals are hard to find these days? Or is it just me?
  • pabeybaby said:

I was a huuuge Barbie fanatic. I had so many Barbies, the Barbie dream house, a Barbie limo, a horse, and a bunch of other stuff lol.
    I also had several stuffed animals, mostly cats. I've still got one from when I was two :)
    Has anybody else noticed stuffed animals are hard to find these days? Or is it just me?

My DD has a ton of stuffed animals already. Babies R Us has a whole aisle. You'll probably start noticing them everywhere now haha
  • Definitely my polly pockets. I still have my polly pocket castles and a few of the little houses. Oh and polly's little van/rv
  • lifesabeach85lifesabeach85 member
    edited June 2015
    @emmacake08 I wanted an easy bake oven so bad as a kid! Never got one - my parents thought i would make a huge mess. First world probs

• @Miz_Liz what's the thing on the right, is that a popple??

I loved Care Bears, Garfield, my little ponies, and strawberry shortcake. My DD has taken to my Grumpy Bear (though she calls him Angry Bear)... I see all these things are making a comeback in recent years, albeit in slightly different form. I guess that makes me old!
  • I had 3 older brothers so I never really had any "girlie" toys! :((
  • I loved my skip it, cabbage patch new born, my pillow friend (forget the name), easy bake oven, babies, loved sewing, and iron bead hearts and so on
  • I still have my Teddy Ruxpin!
  • @kettlekitten it sure is! They were great!!
  • pabeybaby said:

I was a huuuge Barbie fanatic. I had so many Barbies, the Barbie dream house, a Barbie limo, a horse, and a bunch of other stuff lol.

My DD has a ton of stuffed animals already. Babies R Us has a whole aisle. You'll probably start noticing them everywhere now haha
    I've never been to a BRU but I found one in a city where hubby has to occasionally go to have doctors appointments. He's got some heart issues so we have to travel like two hours sometimes to see this doctor. Oy. But anyway for his next appointment I told him while we're there I wanted to stop by BRU and check it out. I'm looking forward to it!
  • I was a total tomboy and LOVED. (Okay, I still love them!) monster trucks. My favorite toy had to be this one! My friends had Barbie power wheels, not me, I had Bigfoot :-)
  • I was a total tomboy and LOVED. (Okay, I still love them!) monster trucks. My favorite toy had to be this one! My friends had Barbie power wheels, not me, I had Bigfoot :-)

I had Bigfoot too! I had almost forgotten about that

I had Bigfoot too! I had almost forgotten about that
    That thing was awesome!
  • I still have my Teddy Ruxpin!

He was so creepy!!! I hated him lol
  • gulimzgulimz member
    I loved and had barbie everything! I liked anything jewelry and make up related too. I had tons of princess costumes.
    And I loved dressing my brother up in said costumes like a little baby drag queen :))