Breastfeeding
Options

Favorite breast pump

I am ordering my breast pump and overwhelmed with options. Which is your favorite. Also pros and cons with any breast pump. Help Please! I have a lot to choose from.
•Ameda Purely Yours Ultra™ Personal Double Electric Breast Pump with Tote & CustomFit™ Breast Flanges
•Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump Starter Set
•Freemie Freedom Standard Set with HANDS FREE and Concealable Freemie Collection Cups
•Hygeia Q Breast Pump
•Spectra 9 Plus Advanced Breast Pump with Rechargeable Battery
•Tomy Quiet Expressions Breast Pump
• Spectra 2 Hospital Strength Breast Pump
•Nature's Bond Pure Breast Pump and Accessorie Kit
•Melodi Prime
•Melodi One Advance Breast Pump
•Rumble Tuff Double Electric Breast Pump
•Lansinoh Signature Pro Breast Pump
•Hygeia Enjoye Breast Pump
•Nuk Expressive Double Electric Breast Pulp
•Philips Avent Comfort Breast Pump

Re: Favorite breast pump

• Options
    Without a doubt, go with the Medela!  I got mine for free through Aeroflow Breastpumps thanks to my insurance.  Aeroflow did EVERYTHING for me...called my insurance plan, doctor, etc.  Easy as pie!  The suction on the Medela is great and it pumps better than any other brand I've used. 
  • Options
    trytry38evertrytry38ever member
    edited June 2015
    Lots of people will recommend the medela pump in style advanced. That seems to be the highest rated one on your list. I personally have a Philips Avent I got it for free as a gift from my mom and she only paid $50 for it and I believe it does a good job not but have nothing to compare it to since it is my first one. However If I was going to buy one I would buy the medela one just because of all the reviews and you can find the starter set online for basically the same price as other pumps. Plus medela you can buy parts for it in store where as others you might have to order online.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm using a hospital grade Medela Symphony at home but also have a PISA. The Symphony can go to a higher setting, but since I never pump on the highest, the PISA is sufficient. I find the flanges to be uncomfortable, but a little bit of olive oil around the rim and inside the tunnel goes a *long* way to prevent scratching and bruising.
  • Options
    I have read a lot of good things about the Medela's, but I also know several people who were not fans. I've decided to go with the Lansinoh Signature Pro Breast Pump, because of that. I think that breast pumps for the most part are like everything else about pregnancy and childbirth - what works for some women doesn't work for everyone. Everyone has their own preferences.