Multiples
Options

Pregnancy with Diastasis Recti

Hello everyone!

I hang out quietly on Jan '16 and mostly lurk, but I needed some advice for any moms out there who have Diastasis Recti.

So I had twins 2.5 years ago and I have a 3 finger split in my abdomen. I am only about 10 weeks along right now, but am incredibly uncomfortable at night. Other then using a snoogle pillow, is there anything out there that anyone else used? Is it too early for a maternity belt? I just find once I lay on my side, my whole stomach shifts and I get an uncomfortable pulling feeling. The pillow doesn't seem to work, so I'm curious if anyone else has gone through this.

It's going to be a long few months!

Thanks for the help ladies! :)

Re: Pregnancy with Diastasis Recti

• Options
    EmJ628EmJ628 member
    I don't have DR (FTM with twins) but I know how you feel about the pulling and uncomfortable feeling laying down. I did not like the snoogle and I felt like a regular pillow supports my belly better. Maybe keep experimenting with different regular pillows. Also I've been wearing a support belt since about 17-18 weeks. I got a smaller one and a more heavier duty one that I've worn since I started 3rd tri. Never too early in my opinion! ;)
  • Options
    nanampnanamp member
    What's the brand of support belt you like? I put it in my calendar to purchase one at 16 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EmJ628EmJ628 member
    I got a medela one which I wore until about 27/28 weeks, that one was basically just a spandex belt. The other one is baby's r us brand but it has two peices with an optional strap that goes over the top of your belly. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world but it is better than being in pain!!