TTC after 35

Ovulation app preferences

soooo... I may be the crazy lady with 3 different ovulation apps. I have FF, Ovia, and Kindara. Each one has its own pluses and minuses. I really hate that FF is so expensive and I haven't pulled the trigger on paying yet. Also, all 3 seem to say different things for different ovulation "symptoms".

What are the fan favorites out there? Any suggestions?

Re: Ovulation app preferences

• I think you'll find a lot of us use FF.  I like it because it "gets to know you" so after a few cycles, it gets even more precise about pinpointing your ovulation.  I haven't used the others though.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • I use the free version of FF and it works just fine. Do others pay for it? I also use the app My Cycles through MedHelp. They have a forum as well, although most everyone just keeps venting about a whole list of symptoms and then asks, "Do you think I'm pregnant?" So annoying. But the My Cycles one is good for predicting your next cycle based on the info you've entered for past cycles.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been using FF for several years now and have found it to work well for me. I haven't tried any others, although i did do a bit of research at the time when i selected it. I have been using the free one the entire time and haven't had a need to upgrade (despite its reminders! :) 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• I also use the free FF version. I'm quite happy with it. I've been tracking for a long time so it predicts my fertile window and start pf the new cycle rather accurately. 
    Anniversary
  • I've been using the free FF version for probably more than a decade now. Love it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I use the free FF too. It's not overly complex, which I like.
  • I've been conducting an experiment the last two cycles to see how FF, Glow, and Ovia differ.  I added Kindara in this cycle too.  :)  And this cycle, I've had a good temp jump as well as positive OPKs, so I think it's been particularly instructive.  Here are the different analyses; there's a link to my FF chart in my sig:

Ovia:  Doesn't specifically identify an O day until after your cycle, called out CD12 as peak fertility day, so I'm guessing it thinks I Oed on CD 13.  Seems to base O on first + OPK.
    Glow:  Thinks I Oed on CD 13.  Seems to base O on first + OPK.
    FF:  Thinks I Oed on CD 14.  Looks at temps as well as CM and OPKs.
    Kindara:  Thinks watery CM is the most fertile, apparently, and shows CD 16 as peak fertility day (?!?!).  Honestly, I have no idea how it's getting that guess. 

Based on these results, while I like the interface on Ovia and Glow, I'm going with FF for accuracy.  Ovia and Glow seem *close* for this cycle, but Kindara is just messed up.  

Also, last cycle was anovulatory and that was a mess for everyone.  My "peak fertility day" just kept getting moved back a day, every day, until my period came. :) 
  • I use ff, this is my second year using it. It was a little over $20 a year. I haven't tried any other apps
  • I definitely prefer FF, and you can use the free app until they put out a special, which they do several times per year.  Just google for a coupon code occasionally!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• FF has a special promo going now for $25 for the year. But is it worth upgrading to the VIP version? I don't know if all the extra stuff is really worth it...
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Haye1Haye1 member
    Maybe Baby and Pink Ovulation Calender are both free apps! I used both for the past 8 months! Finally I am expecting.....and during ovulation in May I conceived!
  • Great thread! Thanks for posting.  I have been using FF for about a year and I think it's pretty accurate.  By recommendation from a friend who is TTC, I just put Glow on my phone and am using that too.  Both are off about a day, but Glow hasn't 'gotten to know me' yet so I'll see how it goes.  I think they are using the same science though. 
    Just remember, it can only go by what you tell it.  If you don't check BBT or CM, it won't be any good.  I need to remind myself of that!!

Good Luck!
    **child mentioned**
    Me(38)PCOS/Hypothyroid   DH(43)Low T/ED
    MMC at 10 weeks 03/2011 DD born 01/2012   TTC #2 since 04/2014
    BFP 8/26/2016

• Whenever I hear "glow" I think of Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling. That memory should not be lost on this audience. Lol.
  • Or is it Glamourous?
  • Free version of FF :)

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14