November 2015 Moms

Pants too tight

is it harmful to the baby if I wear my jeans that are getting snug around my waist ??

Re: Pants too tight

• No.
    YCSWU 

• Loading the player...
  • Nope, I am a big fan of using a hair elastic to help extend the waist of my jeans right now for my own comfort
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • You'll need to pee every 27 seconds or so because you'll be squishing your bladder (or is that just me?) but you're not going to hurt the tiny person. Just remember people used to wear stays and corsets during pregnancy...
  • Nope nope nope; you might be miserable yourself though! Time to check out the good ole Goodwill and grab some comfy pants!
  • Ivyblue92 said:

Oh my goodness!! OP if your pants are to tight why are you wearing them?

I'm going with denial as the answer.
  • Ivyblue92 said:
    Oh my goodness!! OP if your pants are to tight why are you wearing them?
    This.
  • Kudos to anyone who can still squeeze into their pre-preg pants lol
  • I bought 3 pairs of maternity shorts from Ross for $30. Not expensive at all.
  • My pants fit fine they were just a little snug at the button and all I was asking was if it would harm the baby .
  • Another great option right now is elastic waist pants.  I have several pairs of the printed pants that are popular this year and some linen ones as well.  They all have an elastic waist and are great for this in between stage.  Believe me, you are going to get tired of tight pants really quickly and be longing for something comfortable.
    YCSWU 

• Thank you guys ! @modanz1 @mmk29
  • Why not try a Bella band too. I have one and it allows me to wear my regular jeans as well.
  • Here's the thing, you are going to need maternity pants at some point, why fight it?
    I assure you they will be more flattering than jeans that are too snug, nobody (no matter their size) looks good in ill fitting clothes.
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Ivyblue92 said:
    It has to be denial or just plan stupidness @rbradshaw77
    I don't know about that. I know for me when it comes to maternity clothes cost was/is a real issue. NBD as I was able to get one pair maternity short and one maternity pair of jeans but even that at target set me back more than I would have felt comfortable with, but i was clinging for dear life until i was wearing the same 2 pairs of pants. Perhaps OP is just trying to be frugal.
  • Maternity pants are awesome they're almost like wearing yoga pants or pajamas. No zipper or button! I got my big butt into those as soon as I could. Why miss out on the greatness of not wearing real pants???
  • Lolo427 said:

Ivyblue92 said:

It has to be denial or just plan stupidness @rbradshaw77

I don't know about that. I know for me when it comes to maternity clothes cost was/is a real issue. NBD as I was able to get one pair maternity short and one maternity pair of jeans but even that at target set me back more than I would have felt comfortable with, but i was clinging for dear life until i was wearing the same 2 pairs of pants. Perhaps OP is just trying to be frugal.

Check into local consignment stores. The ones here will buy maternity clothes so I know I can make some money back. I buy some there too.
    I've also swapped and shared with friends.

To me, I want to look good and be comfortable. And 9 months of wearing something is a decent amount of time. Plus I wore a lot of my mat clothes my first month or so back to work when things still fit weird.
    I work in a professional environment so I have no choice but to buy new clothes. This is my second pregnancy and everything from last time still looks great. I've added some summer pieces since I didn't start showing until the fall last time.
  • Pontot31 said:
    Check into local consignment stores. The ones here will buy maternity clothes so I know I can make some money back. I buy some there too. I've also swapped and shared with friends. To me, I want to look good and be comfortable. And 9 months of wearing something is a decent amount of time. Plus I wore a lot of my mat clothes my first month or so back to work when things still fit weird. I work in a professional environment so I have no choice but to buy new clothes. This is my second pregnancy and everything from last time still looks great. I've added some summer pieces since I didn't start showing until the fall last time.

These are all awesome avenues. Unfortunately all consignments up here don't do buy backs, BUT I go seasonally because they are so affordable :-)
     So far I've lucked out and 3 out 5 pairs of slacks that I need for work are still fitting. Can we just talk about how lucky we are to be pregnant during maxi dress weather- GOD SEND!
  • Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited June 2015
    Lolo427 said:

These are all awesome avenues. Unfortunately all consignments up here don't do buy backs, BUT I go seasonally because they are so affordable :-)

So far I've lucked out and 3 out 5 pairs of slacks that I need for work are still fitting. Can we just talk about how lucky we are to be pregnant during maxi dress weather- GOD SEND!
    Also check out thrift stores. I haven't done so personally, but a girl at work got most of her clothes from thrift shops for ridiculous prices. We work in a professional environment and she was able to get some very nice dresses, pants, etc. and all brand names (a pea in the pod, etc). May take some searching but sounds like it could be worth it!
  • Old Navy's prices were pretty reasonable in my opinion. Seriously, I couldn't believe how amazingly comfortable maternity clothes are the first time I put them on. What you waiting for? I said to hell with regular pants like two or three weeks ago! Belly bands do work, but I was constantly checking that my shirt was pulled down enough to cover that area.

Seriously though, I didn't need to leave the house today and the pair of soffe shorts I put on felt a bit tight so I just went and took a pair of DH's basketball shorts. Soooo comfortable!
  • dearpdearp member
    I just bought a pair for maternity jeans at old navy yesterday for $20! They have a great sale going on right now so it's a good time to stock up. I love maternity pants so much that I'm seriously baffled why I didn't try to wear them before pregnancy.
  • tayzavtayzav member
    Omg I'm dying!!! I've never seen this! How can he even shake it like that in those?!?! =))
  • My two year old is now saying "Don't wake up the snake!" I'm dying!
  • gkfkgkfk member
    If you can still fit in your pants -good for you - get a belly band. The only place that i could find them was Target. I was able to wear my regular pants with a band for about 4 weeks.
  • kmkrushi said:

My two year old is now saying "Don't wake up the snake!" I'm dying!

Omg that has to be the funniest jimmy Fallon video next to "Ew" lol
  • So funny! =)) Jimmy Fallon is my favorite! Thanks for posting this video. You made my day.