Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC Friday

Flame Free Friday Confessions!

Re: FFFC Friday

• Every so often my husband gets obsessed with healthy food and is a bit ridiculous about it, so sometimes when I want something yummy I make a dinner and tell him it's healthy and has no carbs/fat/whatever, when it's just a normal recipe. (I never cook anything high in fat or carbs anyway, but really, how the heck do you make a GOOD eggplant Parmesan w/out ANY sort of breading? I do make it with out but sometimes I just want the "real" thing...)
  • Loading the player...
  • @kristin712 and @caseyw8784 my DH is hte same way on both things. He will eat an entire bag of doritos and blame it on me for buying them. Then he'll watch Dr. Oz and see some new diet fad and he wants me to cook and buy healthy crap for a week and then he gets pissed because there are no "snacks" (doritos) to eat. SO RIDICULOUS! On top of that he's a hypochondric
  • @kristin712 and @caseyw8784 my DH is hte same way on both things. He will eat an entire bag of doritos and blame it on me for buying them. Then he'll watch Dr. Oz and see some new diet fad and he wants me to cook and buy healthy crap for a week and then he gets pissed because there are no "snacks" (doritos) to eat. SO RIDICULOUS! On top of that he's a hypochondric

@MayBeSomeDay16, this is the story of my life hahahaha. My DH is the same way it's just not even funny anymore I just smh and walk away because he won't listen to me.
    Umm are we married to the same person?? Because that sounds exactly like my DH, haha!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• My DH has me buy all kinds of snacks and then decides his trousers feel tight so he doesn't eat them. Then he goes around the house complaining, even though he won't touch the fresh fruits and veg I keep the fridge stocked with.
    imageimageimage
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge

• FFFC- we're at my parents visiting for the weekend and I'm still waiting to ovulate. I got another positive opk this morning so I'm already trying to figure out a way for us to have sex some time today or tomorrow but I'm just not quite sure how that's going to happen with sleeping arrangements for our kids and my parents...I'm going to have to get creative! So my FFFC is that we'll be having sex at my parents they (and our kids) are sleeping.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • To all you ladies above--same here!!! I'm also really sick of DH saying "something lean" when I ask what he wants for dinner. I never cook dinner that isn't "lean," so it's frustrating to hear him request it as though I'm always making us eat unhealthily. I may or may not explode after that response once every 10 days or so (and he continues to answer the question with the same words...).
  • @MamaBish lol I love dinners like that! You could come around to mine any time you like! X
    imageimageimage

• haha I am right there with you ladies on the husbands eating habits. Mine will complain about his pants being tight and how much we need to eat better and 10 minutes later is suggesting Taco Bell.

FFFC- There is so much family drama going on with both sides of our family that I consider moving to another country on a regular basis to escape it. Every time my phone rings or I get a text message from anyone in my family I tend to ignore it because I just don't care anymore! My give a damn is beyond busted!

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• Scotland is nice ;) not that I am suggesting I moved to get away from family drama... not me...
    imageimageimage

• FFFC #2: @dixie7701 - along with the family drama, DH's witch of a cousin is getting married in April or May, so part of me if hoping to God that I'll get a BFP within the next couple cycles, so that I can claim that I'm "too far along to get on a plane, *so* sorry..." (Driving from New England to the Colorado/Utah area is not an option either, haha!)
  • @KristieA - Scotland is definitely on the list of possibilities! I need a place with scenery and Scotland definitely fits the bill.

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• KristieAKristieA member
    edited June 2015
    My FFFC part 2: my best friend (like a sister) is getting married and I am her MOH. She is making us all rent Badgley Misckha sequinned dresses. I'm not a small girl (about a size 14) and I am certain that I am going to look horrible but I can't tell her because she has her heart set on them. I shudder to think what the pictures are going to look like!

Edited for typos
    imageimageimage

• @KristieA - DISCO!! We're about the same size and I can't even imagine wearing a sequined dress....bless her heart.

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• @dixie7701 Yeah its going to be horrible. I once tried to suggest that it might not look great on all the bridesmaids and she said to me, "I knew you might be concerned but don't worry you can get it in plus sizes too." I had to remind myself that she is like my sister and she didn't complain about my mint green bridesmaids dresses when I picked them. Actually she did but she still wore it.
    imageimageimage

• Is it just me or does there seem to be more "am i pregnant" threads today than usual?
  • I admit I am still a newbie myself but they are driving me crazy.... What on earth makes people think they should get online and ask a bunch of strangers about what is going on with their bodies? Why don't they just call their doctors?
    imageimageimage

• @mayBesomeDay16 @KristieA I'm still a newbie too, but let the snark begin!! Some people's kids........

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• LOL I am probably going to be banned within the week because of all the snark I have put out there. Oh well.

And yes some people's kids.... I can't understand the people who take their small children to coffee shops and let them run around the place. Seriously bring something for them to do! It is a massive safety hazard for everyone (not to mention rude!)
    imageimageimage

• I'm with you! Another pet peeve of mine is kids that are barefoot. I understand babies that aren't walking, but if your kids feet are touching the filthy floor in the store PUT ON SOME DAMN SHOES!! You can buy flip flops at the dollar store!

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• My DD who is almost 19 months, had an appointment on tuesday that we were told to arrive a half hour before appt for registration (even though they mailed it all to me ahead of time) therefore after checking in which took 30 seconds, my DD proceeded to run around the waiting run because she was bored. Sorry not sorry, thats what they get for telling me to arrive so early for no reason. She did have shoes on :)
  • @mayBeSomeDay16 The dr's office is a totally different situation. I expect bored/impatient little ones in the waiting room, but in a coffee shop or restaurant it drives me batty.

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• Also in a waiting room, you are far less likely to dump hot coffee all over a small child... At least you are far less likely here in the NHS.
    imageimageimage

• My confession: I'm a drug/alcohol counselor. I've listened to stories today about suicide, rape and overdose. All I'm thinking? I can't wait to take a little mini vacation this weekend and drink wine. Just don't tell my clients ;) My coping skills need work, apparently!
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• @WinchestertoPittsburgh both of my parents are LCDC's and my mom has the same coping mechanism!! You aren't alone hahah

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• Ooh I've got a good one! (and you can't flame me for it, it says so) ;)

I don't temp.
    Or use ff.
    *Gasp!*

Not saying I won't ever change my mind, but I didn't temp the first time and I don't want to stress about it this time. I use two other apps (Glow and Ovia) to guesstimate my O date.
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• @MamaBish I have only started doing the two recently because well, I want to use all the tools at my disposal and I don't fancy BD every day all month (that would be exhausting!)
    imageimageimage

• @WinchestertoPittsburgh I went to school a few years ago to become a drug/alcohol addiction counselor and at my internship I heard just a small bit of those crazy stories. There were days where id come home like damn... I need a beer lol
    Me: 26  DH: 29
    Married since May 2013
    DS born July 2014
    TTC#2 since April 2015
    BFP on 7/2/2013

• I love the GIF @Mommy Grams
    imageimageimage

• dixie7701 said:

@mayBesomeDay16 @KristieA I'm still a newbie too, but let the snark begin!! Some people's kids........

I'm still a newbie too!

Honestly this board will never be what it used to be :(

But lately it seems like it's kind of starting to get back on the right track...minus all the "am I pregnant" posts!

• momstahp said:
    Ok, I might actually get flamed for this one...but I slightly judge parents who add extra letters or come up with super unique/conplicated ways to spell their kid's name. I get if you've always really loved it that way, or it has some real significance to you. But I mean when people come up with stuff just to sound different and stand out. That baby will be beautiful, special, and one of a kind even if you her Katelyn instead of Kaiytlyyynnn. (I'm exaggerating there, but you get the idea)
    Totally agree!!!
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• KristieAKristieA member
    edited June 2015
    @Momstahp I know exactly what you mean! My cousin named her daughter Katlin instead of Caitlyn. When Katlin turned 18 the first thing she did was legally change her name to the more traditional spelling.

Edited for typos
    imageimageimage

• @KristieA did everyone try to call her "cat-lyn"? I would!