Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Help! Misoprostol didn't work and Dr doesn't seem to care :(

Kelsie5239Kelsie5239 member
hi ladies,
I need your advice. I found out my baby died when I was 8 weeks pregnant :( baby stopped growing at 6 weeks.
The doc asked me to wait 2 weeks, then have an confirmation US and we would discuss options. That US was last Monday and the worse was confirmed. I took the option of trying Misoprostol at home. Everything seemed to be going as planned. The bleeding almost stopped after 5 days. Then this past Tuesday evening I started severe cramping and heaving bleeding all over again. My doc send me for an urgent US and confirmed there is moderate amounts of tissue from the pregnancy left over :(
She's told me to wait another 2 weeks! But to go to ER if I develop a fever.
This is my first pregnancy, I'm devastated to lose the baby and now to have this happen. More and more waiting. My doctor doesn't seem to care about the need to move on and get passed this difficult time.
Has this happened to anyone else before?
Is there anything else I can do to make this easier on me. Thank goodness work is being supportive and letting me work from home...and I I have a supportive husband but I still feel so lost :(

Re: Help! Misoprostol didn't work and Dr doesn't seem to care :(

• Did tou ask her if you could try the meds again? Im pretty sure mine worked (follow up sono tomorrow) but they told me last week if it didn't work we could try it again. Im not sure of your history or why she would make you wait, I would call and express your frustration and get more answers.
    Im so sorry for your loss! I gave the MC proccess 2 weeks before taking the meds last friday and am hoping they worked, it's such a taxing proccess. Sending thoughts and prayers your way!
  • I had a similar experience but with no meds. Baby didn't make it past 6 or 7 weeks but it wasn't confirmed until I was supposed to be 9 weeks. I was also travelling for work for a few weeks so I didn't want to take any meds while away. Started bleeding the night before I came home and finally passed the sac after just over two weeks of bleeding. Still going now but much lighter (day 22). I think the consensus is that it is best to let it all happen "naturally" unless you get a fever because that is an indicator of infection. I know how much the waiting game sucks, this should have been week 16 of my pregnancy but I'm STILL bleeding, which makes it harder to move on. It is super frustrating but you will get through it!