Trouble TTC
Options

IVF #1

Well, our first round of IVF begins on Monday. Last night they had me stop the pill and I had a doctors appointment and everything looks good so far. Shots and meds begin Monday. I'm super excited and anxious obviously. DH has been awesome and will be doing the shots until I become comfortable with it all. Any suggestions during this process for us?
Kristy

Re: IVF #1

• Options
    jnissajnissa member
    Good luck with your IVF!

1. Don't be overwhelmed with the info overload! IVF is straight up more information than you want or need to know about how your reproductive system is working. You are getting calls every single day with your estradiol level and you'll be intimately aware of how many follies are forming. Even if you have a great cycle, there are going to be days in there where the numbers are discouraging. Don't let that get to you. It's about the end game, not the daily monitoring. And if the numbers aren't good (not sure what your diagnosis is), don't be discouraged. 

2. It really does only take one. You will be so annoyed hearing people say this. But it's true. And if your numbers don't ramp where you'd like, it really, honestly, only does take one. Always keep that in mind.

3. Keep your eyes out for that "shot story" to keep it fun. Almost everybody I know who ever did IVF has "that one story" about the most awkward time or place they had to administer a shot. Keep an eye out for yours to keep it kind of fun.

There's no way to not think about things during the process since it's so all-consuming, but when you get to your TWW try to just put everything out of your head. Because, truly, 100% you can say at that point that you did everything that you possibly could and it's out of your hands!

Hoping for a BFP for you!
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options
    @jnissa: Thank you so much for the advise. I appreciate it so much. We definitely have a positive mind set through this and I know at the end I can say I did everything that I could. I am eating right, not drinking, took caffeine out of my life, walking daily and doing acupuncture. :) no one has ever said it only takes 1 to me. My mind set is on that one special egg. :)

I have low AMH and FSH numbers and egg quality isn't the greatest but like you said: "It only takes one!"

Thanks for the support!!! FX!!!
    Kristy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The thing I will add to what @jnissa said because she basically said everything PERFECTLY, is as much as everyone says stay relaxed during the process, your going to have moments of stress and just do your best to move through that quickly.  

Part of the stress for me was doing the shots the first couple of nights, after the first night, my husband started to try to make them "fun", like if you do your shot without whining (sorry I did sometimes lol), I'll take you out for frozen yogurt, or one night he watched with me the "Chick flick" of my choice.. Silly however, it made it fun and we had some good laughs around those nightly injections.  
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• Options
    @Cupcakegal930: thanks for the advise. I laughed as I read through it. That's funny. I will take a shot for frozen yogurt or chick flicks for sure. :). Thanks again!!!!
    Kristy