February 2015 Moms

Grunting Noise While Feeding

My LO will be 17 weeks tomorrow. Recently, she's started stretching/extending her legs and making grunting noises during feeding. At first I thought it was gas, but she isn't arching her back and she won't let go of the bottle (she even smiles when I pull it away from her). I will bring this up to her doctor on Friday at her 4 month visit, but I wanted to know if anyone has experienced something similar. 

Thanks,
Cassy
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Grunting Noise While Feeding

• My LO grunts and pushes and pulls away while eating too. From what I hear it's normal. Friends have suggested I wear a necklace to keep him focused while eating so he has something to keep his attention and play with.
  • Thanks for the response and suggestion, @larby214
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jmm130jmm130 member
    Mine did this a lot too around 2 months... My doc diagnosed him with minor reflux based on my description, but she wasn't too worried. I felt like he was getting frustrated with the nipple flow though because it didn't happen while breastfeeding, so I tried increasing the nipple size to the next number up and that definitely helped. He eventually outgrew his fussy bottle feedings though... And I still don't know for sure what the issue really was! It's all a guessing game ;-)
  • Its tough to figure out our little ones sometimes. Thanks so much for your feedback @jmm130