Boston Babies
Options

OBGYN/ Birthing Center in Merrimack Valley??

Hey ladies :) i live in Methuen so any Merrimack Valley/ Southern NH advice would be much appreciated...

I'm looking for a new OBGYN to replace the disappointing doctor I had when I had my first baby. I am looking to go limited intervention, stress-free, sort of hippie-dippie ;) Not a birthing center necessarily because I am interested in pain management drugs, but a doctor who won't worry me all the time to the point of giving me high blood pressure, send me for unnessary non-stress tests and ultrasounds at the drop of a hat (all of the tests always came back fine, thankfully) and schedule me for an induction for what turned out to be absolutely no good reason days before I was even due!

Does anyone have a suggestion for me of a doctor or midwife you absolutely LOVED? Thank you so much in advance! ♡

Re: OBGYN/ Birthing Center in Merrimack Valley??

• Options
    gmd88gmd88 member
    edited May 2015
    I'm not into the "hippie dippie" lol I want the epidural BUT I'm a huge fan of Dr Kiran Raju.. You would give birth at Lowell general hospital labor and delivery. He's very very kind and open to your way of doing things. Also I took the birthing class at Lowell general and they're open to natural births and I was very happy with them. He has an office in tewkbury and an office at Lowell general.
  • Options
    I delivered my first at Lowell General and it was a fabulous experience. My OBGYN is Women Health.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm from Methuen too! I went crazy trying to find a new doctor.. I'm now at Dr Biyani and I LOVE HER. She has offices in Methuen and Salem. There is also a place in North Andover, Accelleron, that has doulas available and they have classes on different birthing techniques. Good luck!