January 2015 Moms

Help please

my son is 5 months 18lbs and my mil today got rid of our swing without asking today and that's the only way he sleeps! We don't know how to get through the night because he won't sleep more that 5 minutes in the crib or pack and play....
Lilypie First Birthday tickers And Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Help please

• I don't know what your dynamics are at home so I can only give you an idea of what I would do... I would not allow my mil to implement her parenting methods on how I would like to raise my child. The swing would come back and My husband would speak with her that it is not okay to do things beyond our backs when it concerns or child.
  • We live with my husbands parents and it was her friends and apparently it has a limit of 15 lbs and my son is almost 20 but what made us mad was one she didn't tell us till she had gave it back and two we looked it up online and its limit was 25lbs. So what made me really mad was she lied to me! I've never lied to her! My husband talked to her and now if he won't sleep she takes him if we have tried everything!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers And Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Get the swing back. Go to garage sales or whatever you have to do (to make the point that this will be your decision). THEN I would focus all your efforts into getting him in the crib. I actually put my LOs swing in the crib while he napped (never over night) so he would get used to the smells and sound of the room. Then I put a wedge under the mattress and put him in the bassinet on the mattress or on the changing pad on the mattress so he was still propped up (again I never did this over night)....basically just keep making subtle adjustments until he is flat on the mattress. Let him have some play time in the crib with his toys and you too. You want him to have positive associations with the crib. It takes time but you'll get there.