April 2015 Moms
Options

any feedback is truly appreciated

my LO is 7 weeks old. we have had a lot of feeding issues with constant gas throwing up spitting up constipation the whole 9 yards. at 5 weeks he had 2 or 3 nights with 2 consecutive 5 hour stretch between feeding. we just changed his formula today to similac total comfort which thankfully hasn't caused him to throw up but he continues to have gas and is still spitting up. needless to say he is not sleeping thru the night and spends most of the day sleeping. I can't even wake him up to play. is anyone else going thru or has anyone else gone thru this and can provide any advise? also is anyone giving their LO total comfort?

Re: any feedback is truly appreciated

• Options
    My son threw up a lot and was gassy. And it killed my breast to feed him. He also ate frequently. It turns out he was tongue tied. Since having it corrected he does not throw up and is a lot less gassy.

Just something to rule out as you search for answers. Good luck and hang in there!
  • Options
    Mine is extremely gassy! He will actually screech from the gas pains. The doctor told me 1oz of chamomile tea. You brew like normal and once it's cooled pour 1oz in a bottle. Personally I don't think it did much but it may help you.. I just started taking mommy and me yoga and there's some exercises that help. One was corkscrew: hold their legs together and make like a figure 8. Another was opening a book: so you put the sides of your hand (the side next to pinky finger) and then spread them against their stomach. It's so hard to explain without showing you, sorry lol... But kinda the opposite of opening a book. Hope that helps!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When mine is crying because he's gassy, I pump his legs like he's on a bicycle (while lying on his back). If that's the issue, he usually stops crying and starts to smile or look around. I even sing songs along and it's fun.
  • Options
    Gripe Water works great for colicky gas pains!!