December 2013 Moms

Baby Number 2

Just took a test today and it was positive. My first is almost 13 months. Feeling anxious. Was planning to try again this summer. Any advice for having two this close together?

Re: Baby Number 2

• No advice but I'm in the boat w you! My son is 13 months and I am 5 weeks pregnant with #2!!
  • Also, I know people who have kids way closer in age than ours will be. I'm not worried. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Almost 13 weeks here with a 13 month old too! We were planning to have them close in age and it happened earlier than expected! It will be ok!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omg me too lol. I come from a big family. We're all like 2 yrs apart. I'm sure its gonna be tough but when they start things like school they'll both starting closer together and you'll have free time in the day. For me I see like time is flying these days before u know they'll be big so fast. I felt like I just gave birth last week to my second one.
  • I'm with you! I'm 7weeks with a 13 month old. We planned to have them close

• 5 weeks with a 12 month old. Ahhh! But I am soooo excited!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My one year old and two year old are 18 months apart. Nerve racking to think about but it was much easier than I expected :) congrats to all of you! Having two close together is a lot of work but a lot of fun too! I love watch them play together :)
  • Got my BFP on Saturday.  LO is almost 14 months.  We had planned to start trying at the end of summer but oops.. no advice but you're not alone.  I'm trying to be excited but am very nervous as well.
    Married June 23, 2012

TTC #1 December 2012
    DD born December 2013 

BFP  January 2015
    Due October 2015

• DD is 15 months old and we have a 10 week old. Just try to get your current child in a good routine. If your planning on BFing make sure your LO is exposed to your breasts. My DD was bottle fed due to an intolerance and she went nuts when she sees me BFing my baby
  • in the same boat as well, Im 22weeks along with #2 a baby girl, while my son is 1y4m.
    My guess is that start teaching your oldest to be gentle with things, like if you have an animal he/she knows to be gentle. My friend got her son a baby doll and told him everyday that he's going to have a little sister. He did a wonderful job holding the doll as if it were a baby. I guess just cuddle with your little one now and let them know that Mommy is having another little one and that they get to be the older one to show them how to do things.
  • I am having my second one while my older one will be 22 months I feel like i am nuts for having them so close in age. I always wonder how i am going to handle it too. I guess i will just go with the flow.