February 2016 Moms
Options

Spotting???

Hey Everyone, I'm currently about 8 weeks along with baby #2 (yay!) but I'm experiencing some intermittent spotting which I didn't have with my first pregnancy. It's brownish in color (sorry for the overshare) but doesn't happen every day. Anyone else experiencing this?

Re: Spotting???

• Options
    I believe I'm close to 7 weeks and I just started experiencing this today. I have my first doc appt tomorrow and I will surely be asking about it.
  • Options
    I had the same thing last week. I'm a STM and didn't have it the first time, so needless to say, it was a little nerve wracking. It could have been cervical spotting or due to a very very small bleed they saw on the U/S. I'd call your doc/midwife, just so it's documented.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ErinkaErinka member
    I'm in the same situation. Hoping all is ok! I moved my appoint from July 2 to tomorrow bc I'm worried. Also I'm RH neg so nurse thinks I might need a shot if I'm bleeding.
  • Options
    ja1212ja1212 member
    I've been having the same for the past 3 weeks (I'm nearly 8 weeks now). I asked my midwife about it but she just said I had to wait and see what happens. Doesn't really help the nerves!
  • Options
    I'm lurking from dec board, I'm in second trimester and had brown spotting all through first. But there's always a healthy heartbeat-- my dr said it is one of her most asked questions, but do not be concerned about brown spotting. If there is lots of bright red blood, that's cause for worry, but small amounts of brown is just your uterus stretching and growing and pushing out "old blood"
  • Options
    MrsJG3MrsJG3 member
    I would give a call to your dr. I have been having spotting/bleeding since last Wednesday and 3 scans later baby is fine with a healthy heartbeat. Spotting is fairly common but I would call just to keep doc informed.
    DD: 8  DD: 3.5  DS:18M
    Baby #4 Due: 2/4/2016
    Feb16 August Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV Mom

• Options
    I went to the Dr. because of something similar yesterday and she said it was normal for some. I was worried about it too and didn't want to wait so for peace of mind, it can't hurt to go visit your dr
  • Options
    ErinkaErinka member
    I had off and on spotting for past two weeks. Nothing larger than the size of a dime. Sometimes pink sometimes brown.

So we scheduled an earlier appointment today & everything looks GREAT! Baby is there and looking good.

Drs & nurses told me that it is common and I shouldn't worry unless I'm bleeding heavily or have continuos cramping along with it.

The Dr did recommend an Rhogram shot since my Rh is negative. That hurt a bit but glad I was able to get in earlier. Still going to my 8 wk next Thurs though.

DH & I were so happy we cried in the u/s room We've had 2 mc in our year or TTC. I think we may have made an actual baby!
  • Options
    I'm 6 weeks and I'm spotting a cramping today. I've cramped on and off but today was the first day of light spotting. I'm freaking out :(
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    It can be completely normal, but for me i ended up miscarrying.

Good luck. <3
  • Options
    I had brown discharge once a day for 4 days. I was freaking out as well since I recently miscarried. My OB sent me for an US and baby and heartbeat were there! I think it's totally normal to have some spotting but call your doc just to be sure! Good luck!!!
  • Options
    I had very light beige/brown spotting around 5 weeks. They recommended I go in for bloodwork - I did 2 draws 2 days apart... All my numbers looked good which was reassuring - and also with the first set, they took blood type where j also learned I was rh neg. I got the shot (it's in the butt by the way) and the spotting stopped immediately.

My doc recommended you get the shot within 72 hours of the bleeding/spotting... For it to serve as best preventive.
  • Options
    I had spotting around week 4 (guesses implantation) but went in for early appt. and they did order an ultrasound for my 1st real appt. I actually had spotting AT the second appt. but doc recommended cut back on more vigorous activity, including sex, sports etc and even this can happen after bowel movement. Our U/S showed a heartbeat so we are confident in moving forward im definitely taking it easier for now.
  • Options
    I am having this today, I am 6 weeks as of today. Very worried. The doctors office is having me go in tomorrow at 10 for an appointment.
  • Options
    I had it through half of my first pregnancy and now with this pregnancy. My doc said as long as it was old blood with no painful cramping not to stress, BUT I still can't help but worry. It's so hard the first trimester so much going on but you can't feel the baby to know everything is alright. I just try to distract myself, and remember to take it easy (mentally and physically)
  • Options
    I've had some brown spotting a few times a well, but my doctor's office said it was nothing to worry about. Today I had a few tiny spots of red blood, but then brown afterwards (I know, TMI). Every little thing that happens totally freaks me out - I feel like I'm on a roller coaster of emotions!! I'm so happy to (finally) be pregnant, but then I get worried about everything! The first trimester cannot be over soon enough!!! :)
  • Options
    I've had some brown spotting over the last couple of weeks, maybe a total of 4 times (I am 7w4d). The first time I saw it I got worried and I still do but I'm trying not to get stressed out too much about it unless it changes to red then I will see my OB immediately. Everything I read says brown spotting is normal so I'm hoping that's all it is. My first appointment isn't until 7/10 so it seems like a long wait to ensure everything is ok.
  • Options
    It's very reassuring to hear all these stories - especially coming from moms who have had a loss or losses like me.

On Sunday night (5w4d) I had some red blood when wiping but that was all(not even enough to appear in a panty liner). By the AM it was brown and the nurse said it was likely implantation (although I am still skeptical of that). Last night (6w) I had very scant brown discharge and again some this morning.

I'm totally with all of you - there is nothing that points to this being a problem but I can't help but worry. My appointment is still a week away and I can't get the idea out of my head that it won't go well. Here's to hoping it's all in our heads!
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm having pink and brown spotting today. I'm trying to remind myself that it could be nothing because I spotted on and off with my last pregnancy. My first pregnancy I did not have any spotting and it was a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks. Ugh...hate 1st tri.
    DS born 9/13/2012
    BFP#5: 8/21/2016
  • Options
    The spotting is the worst. First time momma, and can't help but to be anxious every time I see a little brown on the TP. First doctor appointment not for another week. Anxiety is eating me up! Just want everything to be okay with the little one! Fingers crossed for a heathy baby...