Infertility
Options

clomid question

Has anyone had any success using clomid without a period? I haven't gotten my period since my LO was born 19 months ago. My husband and I are TTC and my doctor said it should still work. Any success stories? Thanks in advance!

Re: clomid question

• Options
    This is my 2nd round on Clomid. The 1st one was in April at the fertility doc. and it was a clomid challenge test so it was done on days 5-9 and was 100 mg twice a day. Then I took a month off in May and now taking my 2nd round in June. I am sorry I do not have an answer for u as I do get my period.I have heard that Clomid only works if you do not ovulate.  So since u do not get ur period thus meaning you do not ovualte there is a chance that yes 
  • Options
    you could get preggo on clomid. How much and how long have u been taking it?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have not started it yet. I do not get my periods due to low estrogen and didn't know if it would work or not. my obgyn is calling me today to talk about it, I was just wondering anyone elses experiences with it.
  • Options
    jnissajnissa member
    Please be careful if you take clomid from an obgyn. Clomid is a serious drug that can thin your uterine lining and jeopardize your future fertility chances. You also have a six cycle lifetime max on it and should be getting regularly monitored with ultrasounds and bloodwork the entire time you're on it. Very few obgyns do that. It may be the best call for you, but please be sure you've done all of your research and ruled out seeing an RE for whatever reason before you take clomid from a non-fertility expert!
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• Options
    The first time that I took clomid, it did not have a period before it - the clomid caused a bleed and I didn't ovulate. My doctor then prescribed me progesterone to get my period started the following month and then I started my clomid on my 3rd day of the cycle. I ended up pregnant on the second round of clomid.
  • Options
    how long after the progesterone did you get your period?
  • Options
    how long after the progesterone did you get your period?  
  • Options
    I got pregnant on my 2nd round of chlomid. I have pcos and irregular periods. 29 weeks preggo with 1st child!
  • Options
    Congratulations! Did you use opks? I am on my third day of provera out of 7 then on to clomid!
  • Options
    No, I only did chlomid. Dr told me he would only let me do 6 rounds of chlomid, then would have to try other options. I'm 40 and was able to get pregnant after 2 rounds. First pregnancy. I wish you the best of luck! I didn't know if it would happen for me but here she is, kicking me as I type this. :)
  • Options
    Did you take clomid with no periods?
  • Options
    It gives me hope!
  • Options
    My periods were all over the place. Never regular. I would go a couple of months with nothing and then be on it for a month or two straight. When I went on chlomid, they were a bit more regular. I had to take preg estrone? to start a period so I can do the first round of chlomid. The second month, the period came on its own.
  • Options
    Never give up hope! :)
  • Options
    I only have 3 more provera pills left then hopefully AF will come then on to clomid!
  • Options
    Good luck!!
  • Options
    I did. Absolutely no period for 6 months, took clomid for 4 months (tiny blood dots from the provera but no periods ever), on the 5th month I finally got my BFP. Its possible, I can attest for that!
  • Options
    Omg that gives me hope! Today was my last provera dose so I will wait for my period and if it doesn't come hopefully my doc will still let me do clomid.
  • Options

so AF never came. My OBGYN is making an apt for me with a RE. I am nervous yet excited.

• Options
    It's good you're seeing an RE.
  • Options
    And just found out my insurance doesn't cover infertility treatments :(
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that. :-( like at all? Never? Sometimes they require you to try for a year or two before.