December 2015 Moms

Belly Button

I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I have a deep belly button. Whenever I wear a form fitting shirt to show of the little bump I have my belly button looks like a gaint crater. I don't think I will ever have that cute poke out that other pregnant women have

Re: Belly Button

• Mine does that too :( But a lot of inny belly buttons turn outy during pregnancy (and go back after labor). I hope that happens to me!
  • Same here! Or if the shirt is light material or in color, the "crater" shows!! :))
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here! Mine's becoming more outie already! I hope it doesn't pop out at like 5mo! But also, I don't care for the current 'crater' like appearance haha - guess I can't have both ways.
  • I had a really deep belly button as well, but now it's already super short, I have a feeling mine will become an outie very soon
  • Mine is usually really deep but starting to shallow out. I solve the crater thing by wearing a tight tank top under most tops to cover it up.
  • It will probably just get flat if that makes sense. Much more comfortable than an outtie rubbing on clothes When you're 8+ months along :)

imageimage

• Me too! I was so self conscience of it today too!
  • Omg. I didn't think about this til I read this post. I had a deep belly button too and now it's shallow-er. It's gonna pop out soon!? oh joy!
  • I've never had mine stick out either. I thought I was the only one! It doesn't even out later in pregnancy either... just one big ole crater clearly visible through my maternity clothes. :-S
    Oh the woes of pregnancy!
  • When you wear full panel maternity bottoms and a tank under your shirt it will smooth out
  • Same here! Mine is very shallow now though. But it's still a crater because of the fat around it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a very pronounced "inny" bellybutton. But when I am extremely bloated, the top of it gets hard and sticks out a little! :) Gives me hope!
  • My sister was the same way. Hers didn't pop out, but got pretty flat.
  • MegStark said:
    It will probably just get flat if that makes sense. Much more comfortable than an outtie rubbing on clothes When you're 8+ months along :)
    That's what mine did. It never popped out, but it got flat.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I have the crater going on too! Lol I have noticed though in the past week that my belly button seems to be getting shallower!
  • Crater here too!! Only in certain tops so getting ready in the morning is taking a little longer :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Crater belly button, now I can't stop looking at mine. Perfect way to describe it! I asked my husband to look at it. He said he could eat cereal out of it :((

Hahaha this made me snort!
  • gillers07 said:

When you wear full panel maternity bottoms and a tank under your shirt it will smooth out

That's exactly what I do to help it

• Ok, so I am about 7.5 months now and mine is still an innie. Do some belly buttons never pop! Oh, I hope mine doesn't. That creeps me out. Hell, pregnancy freaks me out. haha
  • @CArden74 said:
    Ok, so I am about 7.5 months now and mine is still an innie. Do some belly buttons never pop! Oh, I hope mine doesn't. That creeps me out. Hell, pregnancy freaks me out. haha
    Mine only went flat with DD. This time it is sticking out halfway.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Mine is starting to flatten out a bit.  I had my belly button pierced way back in the day so it looks funny since now I have three oddly shaped little  holes on my stomach
  • 36+2, I also have a really deep innie.  Mine is flat, but I don't think it's going to pop at this point.  I guess we'll see in the next few weeks!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • In order for my super deep belly button to pop I'd probably have to have quintuplets! And even then I bet it would just flip all weird and look like a tiny penis coming out of my bump :^o
  • What belly button? Mine went flat ant turned into a smiley face. I'm 30+6 w/ twins. I'm guessing a couple more weeks and it will be an outie.
  • I've heard that some women never "pop." Mine is just now starting to get almost flat. (33w4d) The inside is still below the outside, but I'm not sure it will ever go above. I can see the top of the "hole" bumping slightly pronounced through my tighter shirts. I had to take out my belly ring a few weeks ago finally since it was getting tight!
  • This is my 3rd, and my belly button has never popped out. Mine right now is stretched and in and shallower out some. My husband jokes because the top of by the belly button is deeper than the bottom.
  • I have a "B-belly", so mine ISD just now starting to look like a normal belly button!!
  • I used to have a little mole right inside my belly button. My belly button is now flat and the mole is well above the closed up belly button. Crazy!
  • Mine looks like a coin slot.