TTC after 35
Options

What's your OPK Preferance

Happy Monday Ladies. I am looking for OPK suggestions. Prior to my mmc last month I was using first response ovulation tests and they were ok. I had one that stopped working and I didn't really like that once it predicted your surge it no longer worked. I was not tempting and don't plan on tempting moving forward. Any feedback on other opk brands would be appreciated. TIA.

Re: What's your OPK Preferance

• Options
    Wondflos work for a lot of people, and are extremely cheap, so they may be a good place to start. They don't work for me personally (I take a high dose of diuretics and my urine is too dilute for them to pick up changes) so I use the Clear Blue Easy advanced testing kit and absolutely love it. It's easy to use and read and if you have problems with it, their customer service line is very helpful.
    Me: 41
    DH: 44
    TTC#1 since April 2015
  • Options
    I just use the generic pharmacy ones. I like the ones with stripes rather than the clearblue with the smiley face because with the stripe you can see progress from one day to the nest.
    Single mom of DD (2010), TTC #2 since June 2013.
    Occasionally I'm blogging about my life with flybaby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use Wondfo's generally, however this cycle I used Wondfo's and clearblue opk digital...I think the combination is awesome and if I end up not pg this time around, I will definitely use both.
    Clearblue digital is superior in that it's something like 99% accurate and you don't have to guess if ovulation is imminent. Takes the guess work out of determining how closely the lines match up in color/intensity.
    (Also, the cheap opk's can seem positive if your body is gearing up to ovulate...even of you don't ovulate. Clearblue is able to give you a for sure that ovulation is about to happen.)
    Hope this helps.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I also use both the Wondfo's and the Advanced Clearblue digital. I like the Wondfo's because they show me when I'm getting close and I like the Clearblue as it is easy-to-read. I know it's more expensive to use both, but the Wondfo's are so cheap, so I feel okay about it.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    I've been using Wondfos and only caught my surge once so far, out of three cycles. Perhaps because my surge is brief? Anyway, this cycle I decided to test three or more times a day just to make sure I catch it. If I don't, I'm planning on adding Clearblue digital to the arsenal :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I've always used the Wondfos.  I tested once a day starting at day 10 (I ovulate late - at least CD19) and then when they started to get darker, I'd increase to 3 times per day - right away in the morning, 2-4pm, and 6-8pm.  I almost always caught the beginning of my surge at the 2-4pm check.  Like others have said, I like that you can watch the color kind of fade in so you know when your surge is approaching.  :)  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Excellent recommendations! Thank you ladies!!!! Once I get my period I plan on tracking again and want to make sure I'm prepared.
  • Options
    I just started using these and I got clinical guard brand from amazon. Not sure if they're any good, they were super cheap tho. 40 ovulation strips and 10 pregnancy strips for 9.99 with no shipping fee. Has anyone else tried this brand?
  • Options
    I use the clearblue digital. I over-analyze lines, so the smileys work for me.