Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Maxi/incontinence pad in diaper

LO has been having leaky diapers at night, we already use overnight diapers a size up. We are maxed out on the size and I've heard of people use maxi pads inserted into the diaper. Has anyone done this? Did it work? Tips/tricks?!?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Maxi/incontinence pad in diaper

• Options
    I personally have never heard of placing a maxi/incontinence pad in a diaper. It sounds like an interesting idea. I'll be following this discussion. Although we don't have that issue right now, I still have a pee pee pad in my DD bed just in case it ever happens.
  • Options
    It's probably leaking because you sized up, and the diaper doesn't fit as snug as it should. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Going a size up helps because it has an increased absorbency area. 

Maybe try a different brand for overnights. We use costco diapers and dont have any problems.  That being said what works for some doesn't for others but may be worth trying a different type.
  • Options
    mhwoodmhwood member
    We limited our daughter's liquid intake after 6 pm. That worked like a charm.
  • Options
    I wouldn't use another pad in the diaper, switch brands first.  If you're giving a lot of milk before bedtime or in the MOTN, I'd reassess that situation.  I'd shy away from using the term "limit intake" because that doesn't really sound healthy (not judging, but I don't want the OP to misinterpret those words). 
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
  • Options
    mhwoodmhwood member
    Why doesn't it sound healthy?

She has her 16 oz. of milk each day, and she has water through out the day.  At 5:30, we eat dinner, and she has milk and she is in bed by 7 pm. She doesn't need anything before bed except a sip or two of water when she brushes her teeth.

• Options
    Yes, my friends daughter was having the same issues and her pediatrician recommended using a maxi pad in her diaper for over night. I would try it and see how it works
  • Options
    @mhwood, I wasn't saying what you specifically do is unhealthy, but the term can come off as sounding unhealthy.  I don't want anyone to take 'limit intake before bed' to mean withholding liquids when a kiddo is hungry/thirsty, causing harm unintentionally.  Not everyone has the same definition of limited intake.  That was all I meant. 
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am