Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Did anyone else have low amniotic fluid?

Hi All - I haven't participated in this board before (hung out on the Oct 2013 due date board for a while before giving birth last September).  I have a 12 month old and just weaned a few weeks ago.  Ready to start trying for #2 now. 

I was induced 4 weeks early with #1 because of low amniotic fluid and I'm curious if anyone else on here had the same diagnosis... and more specifically, if anyone had low amniotic fluid with a prior pregnancy and then went on to have another child.  I'm curious if it recurred.

Thanks!

Re: Did anyone else have low amniotic fluid?

• Options
    I had it with DD and was induced at 37 weeks. This time I made it almost my due date before the low fluid struck again. Because of my history I was monitored more closely, which meant I got to have more u/s which was perfectly fine by me!
    imageimage
  • Options
    I had it both times.  With DD it was dangerously low, so I was induced at 36 weeks (ended in c-section).  With my second it was low at my 37 week appointment.  I had placenta abruption, so I never made it any farther.  Sometimes low fluid is genetic, and other times its just limited to one pregnancy.  Whichever it is I'm sure your Dr. will watch it by giving you more ultrasounds, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you both @LSU628 and @LillyClaire.  I'm officially pregnant with baby #2 and I'm glad to hear your experiences.  I wasn't sure if it was something that could happen again but it sounds like it's a definite possibility.  It's encouraging to hear that you both made it longer with your second pregnancies before it struck again.
  • Options
    CGlessCGless member
    I'm 30 weeks now with #2 and I had low fluid with #1 and was induced at 38 weeks.

My OB will monitor fluid levels more closely starting at 35 weeks.

Good luck with your pregnancy.
  • Options
    I was induced at 39 weeks with number one due to low fluid. I ended up needing a csection because his heart rate kept going down due to the low fluid. I now have a 4 wk old that we did a repeat csection at 39 wks but I did not have a low amniotic fluid issue this time. My doctor said some women have it with each pregnancy and others don't deal with it again. Good luck