Babies: 3 - 6 Months

My son is 6 months, 2 weeks and has his 3rd ear infection

please give me any kind of advice or story with your personal experience. I hate taking him to his ped and them saying Yup he's got an ear infection ... Then put him on an antibiotic and then he gets one a couple wks after he finishes the antibiotic. It seems like a vicious cycle and I'm just fed up to be honest. I don't want my baby in pain and I need some other moms opinions that have dealt with a similar situation. Thank you.

Re: My son is 6 months, 2 weeks and has his 3rd ear infection

• Take him to an ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor. We did that for my 3 year old.

Kids are only supposed to have a certain number of ear infections within a certain amount of time before they are referred for an ear tube consultation.

• My son had ear tubes put in at about a year old and it was life-changing. No more antibiotics wreaking havoc on his system and giving him terrible rashes, no more sleepless nights, and his vocabulary exploded. Highly recommend ear tubes for chronic ear infections. The previous poster is correct; there's a guideline for ear tubes... A certain number of infections in a specific span of time = tube referral.