November 2015 Moms
Options

Not Sure

I know there have been many discussions on movements of the baby, but I couldn't find anything to answer my particular question...sorry if this is a repeat and I didn't see it.

I will be 20 weeks on Thursday, my anatomy scan is tomorrow morning, I've been feeling what I can only describe is like a tingling or vibrating feeling and I'm not sure if this is what it would feel like when baby moves or if this is just normal pregnancy symptoms? I am a FTM.

Thank you, and again I apologize if I missed the answer on this already.

Re: Not Sure

• Options
    I don't know if I would describe movements as tingling or vibrating. Something that could help is when you go for your anatomy scan mention that you haven't felt movement. Maybe the tech can get baby to move and you can see if you can feel it. I'm 20 weeks 1day with my 3rd and Ive only recently begun feeling movement. There are also so many factors that go into being able to feel the baby right away. I have an anterior placenta and am plus sized so it's taken a bit longer.
  • Options
    I know that feeling you are talking about, like fizzing. No idea what it is but it's very strange and would love to know.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know if I would describe movements as tingling or vibrating. Something that could help is when you go for your anatomy scan mention that you haven't felt movement. Maybe the tech can get baby to move and you can see if you can feel it. I'm 20 weeks 1day with my 3rd and Ive only recently begun feeling movement. There are also so many factors that go into being able to feel the baby right away. I have an anterior placenta and am plus sized so it's taken a bit longer.

I am plus sized too, so maybe that is part of it! Thank you for the idea of asking the tech tomorrow, I didn't think of that!!
  • Options
    TacoSarah said:
    I know that feeling you are talking about, like fizzing. No idea what it is but it's very strange and would love to know.

Yes exactly, at first it felt like little bubbles, then like a tingly sensation, I thought it was possibly movement and the baby is just so tiny still. Hopefully like PP I can get some info at the anatomy scan tomorrow!! At least someone else knows what I'm talking about!
  • Options
    I have that same tingling feeling and o was wondering if it's the baby too!
  • Options
    Ceb2015 said:

I have that same tingling feeling and o was wondering if it's the baby too!

I think it is baby and that's just the best way to describe it lol! At least that's what I like to think..I'll see what the tech says tomorrow!
  • Options
    I'd say gently popping popcorn or even like a weird pulse. I am 20w 2d and I only feel the baby when I'm in a quiet area. Never feel it when I'm busy doing things.
  • Options
    I would describe it to be most like a muscle spasm.  Not as frequent, but that same little jump. 
    YCSWU 

• Options
    modanz1 said:
    I would describe it to be most like a muscle spasm.  Not as frequent, but that same little jump. 
    I guess that's about right, to me it feels like little vibrations not as bad as a muscle spasm...and definitely no pain involved just different!
  • Options
    I never felt the "flutters" that a lot of people described. It went right from little "pops" (like tiny popcorn), to full blown kicks around 19 weeks or so. That's my own experience, though. It seems like every woman experiences it a bit differently, so what you're feeling very well could be your baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    urby87urby87 member
    TacoSarah said:
    Yesterday I felt a vibrating type of sensation (could be the same thing) in my pelvic area on a few different occasions and wondered if it was baby-related.  I have been feeling the "popcorn" movements sporadically over the past few weeks (21w today), but this is something different.
  • Options
    urby87 said:
    TacoSarah said:
    Yesterday I felt a vibrating type of sensation (could be the same thing) in my pelvic area on a few different occasions and wondered if it was baby-related.  I have been feeling the "popcorn" movements sporadically over the past few weeks (21w today), but this is something different.

Yes, I've felt the popcorn and kicking, but also felt this vibration/fizzing/tingling. Perfectly said!