Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How much weight did you gain and how long did it take you to lose it.

sjw93sjw93 member
edited May 2015 in Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Basically what the title says.
How much weight did you gain and how long did it take you to lose it?

I was 9 1/2 stone before I got pregnant and gained 4 stone.
5 weeks after given birth I've only lost just under 2 stone even though active now and through out my pregnancy.

Re: How much weight did you gain and how long did it take you to lose it.

• I gained 40 lbs. I have lost 25lbs and am currently just under 5 weeks pp. I am not breast feeding. I hope to lose the last 15 here soon.
  • roxybsktbllroxybsktbll member
    edited May 2015
    I gained 70 :-S I was so swollen. I'm now 11 weeks pp and have lost all 70. Actually it was all gone at 9 weeks. I think cause it was mostly water retention. Hoping to lose more as I was overweight when I got pregnant.
  • Loading the player...
  • sjw93sjw93 member
    Got any tips how to lose the weight? Because scales aren't budging.
    I know after having LO you don't lose it straight away. But I don't feel myself. I feel fat! And nothing I do makes me feel good in the way I look.
    I'm not breast feeding.
  • sjw93 said:

Basically what the title says.
    How much weight did you gain and how long did it take you to lose it?

I was 9 1/2 stone before I got pregnant and gained 4 stone.
    5 weeks after given birth I've only lost just under 2 stone even though active now and through out my pregnancy.

Not sure about stone conversion...

I gained 30 lbs with each pregnancy. I lost all of it by 6 months. I gained a little back this time around because of the breast feeding hungries.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• sjw93 said:

Got any tips how to lose the weight? Because scales aren't budging.
    I know after having LO you don't lose it straight away. But I don't feel myself. I feel fat! And nothing I do makes me feel good in the way I look.
    I'm not breast feeding.

Water and more water.

Activity: even if it's just walking down the block with baby in the carrier or stroller.

I think you are being a bit hard on yourself. It took you 9 months to put it on. You should allow yourself 9 months to a year to get rid of it. Also, BF is still burning calories for me. So both times breast feeding was key for me.

Healthy snacking: fruit & vegetable. Basically prepare yourself baggies or tins of cut veg/fruit.

Nuts: great protein. A handful can really satisfy.

You may also consider getting bloodwork to check your thyroid function. Your body chemistry & function can change drastically post partum. Problems losing weight can signal a hormone imbalance.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• sjw93sjw93 member
    It's about 55lbs I put on thru out my pregnacy and lost about 20lbs sorry I'm from uk so I work in stone.
    I did try BF but wasn't for me or baby so baby is on formula now. He's on prescribed from doctor due to being lactose intolerant.

Thank you ladies I'm going to try drink more water. :)
  • For Americans, 1 stone is the next measurement up from just pounds, and there are 14 pounds in a stone :D
  • sjw93sjw93 member
    I'm just very aware of my weight because when I was younger my dad was a bully and used to call me nasty names coz of my weight, and used to have ago at me if I was ever having something to eat.
    So I ended up becoming very ill and loosing 65lb within 2 months and was extremely under weight And got a eating disorder over it.
    And it's always been in my stuck in my head ever since
    Even tho I know doesn't happen over night losing weight after a having a baby just hard because the way my dad used to be with me
  • sjw93 said:
    I'm just very aware of my weight because when I was younger my dad was a bully and used to call me nasty names coz of my weight, and used to have ago at me if I was ever having something to eat. So I ended up becoming very ill and loosing 65lb within 2 months and was extremely under weight And got a eating disorder over it. And it's always been in my stuck in my head ever since Even tho I know doesn't happen over night losing weight after a having a baby just hard because the way my dad used to be with me

That's terrible. Have you thought about getting help for this? Possibly therapy?

I second what other people have said. Lots of water and activity every single day, even just a little bit. Good luck to you.

• sjw93sjw93 member
    Yeah I did, but it never actually gone away. I don't have anything to do with my dad now.
    I've drank a lots of water, going to try make a habit of it.
    I'm very active I also care for my 3&4 old sister and my recently disabled mum she had a accident at work and my nan and my LO so always on the go
  • I gained 40lbs this pregnancy and so far I have lost 30lbs and have been that weight for about a week. I am hoping I get the ok go exercise tomorrow at my postpartum appointment! I miss running and going to the gym!
  • I gained 35lbs. My son is 8 weeks and I've lost 25lbs. I am breastfeeding, I will be incorporating exercise to lose the rest. This is my 3rd child and I'm 38. I never lost weight this quickly with the other 2.
  • I gained 45.  I'll have to get back to you on how long it takes to lose it.  :)
  • I gained 35. I lost the first 26 the first week and I haven't weighed myself since. I'm 2.5 weeks pp.
  • Mic512Mic512 member
    I gained 25 - I was overweight to start with & had gestational diabetes - I have lost all of it plus 5 lbs. I am exclusively pumping plus lots of walks with LO & my 4 yr old son
  • I'm about the same as you @Mic512 I gained about 25 lbs, and really watched what I ate because of gestational diabetes. I've lost a total of 32lbs since my daughter was born a month ago. I am breastfeeding, which has definitely helped.
  • sjw93sjw93 member
    Has anyone tried the belly wraps or them waist trainer corsets?
  • sjw93 said:
    Has anyone tried the belly wraps or them waist trainer corsets?
    That wouldn't help you lose weight.

30lbs total for me, still hanging onto 10lbs 2 weeks postpartum.  LO doesn't feed well so no time to get back to the gym yet.  I lost 133 before getting pregnant, so I'm not too worried.
  • sjw93sjw93 member
    I started walking everywhere and even started swimming. So hopefully I will start to lose a bit more weight.
  • I am 5'8" and was 185lbs the whole year before I got pregnant. Lost 4lbs from morning sickness my 1st trimester. At ds birth I had gained 14lbs. When I went home I was 185lbs again. Down 15lbs at 2mo post partum. I bf only and walk with a stroller 1-3mi or do a 20min cardio video around 3x a week.
  • I gained 27 to 30 pounds. Lost 22 pounds im 4 weeks pp. I agree with the ladies on here it takes 9 months to put it on it will take that to get it off. Dont be hard on youself. Just think what an amazing thing you just did. You made and delivered a beautiful baby. :)
  • I gained 28 and have lost 18 of them at 3.5 weeks... 10 to go... not doing much other than feeding him at the moment, and really missing my walks!
  • I gained about 45 lbs. I lost 40 of it within 3 weeks of delivery- I retained ALOT of fluids! I still have a pound or two to get back to prepregnancy weight, but I don't care.

Hubby must have forgotten what I looked like before pregnancy, because he tells me how good I'm looking all the time. Maybe he's just relieved it's coming off at all?
  • I had gestational diabetes this pregnancy so I gained 25 and 2 weeks later have lost it all. However...I never lost the last 10-15 with DS1 2 years ago so I have 10-15 more to go to be at my ideal weight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image