Multiples
Options

Did anyone else go through a "WTH am I supposed to do phase?"

Hi MoMs! I am 8w5d with triplets, and currently my hormones are getting the best of me and I'm completely freaking out about the trio. (The constant nausea and vomiting is contributing to my meltdown)
At present I am feeling like what the hell are we going to do? About everything! Car, jobs, daycare, bedrest!
I am happy to be pregnant, I prayed and prayed for a child, but who is ever prepared for three!?
Did you guys ever go through these moments? I feel guilty after all we have been through, I should be elated!? Right?

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

Re: Did anyone else go through a "WTH am I supposed to do phase?"

• Options
    Hello Kelley421,

This is so exciting and of course overwhelming!  You have every right to have emotions regarding the surprise of triple the work, money, planning, etc.  Fighting the feelings won't make them go away so I suggest designating time to address your concerns in a proactive and systematic manner.  Write down your emotions regarding the situation as they come if you need to and then designate a time each night/week to talk about them one by one with your partner.  Devise a plan for those worries that have concrete solutions and validate the ambiguity of concerns that do not.  Please do not feel compelled to take my advice as I have never been through what you are experience.  However, I have a feeling the elation you want to feel will surely come when you get to experience triple the love, laughter, and pure joy of your family.  Congratulations and remember to take care of your health during this stressful time!
  • Options
    I absolutely felt this way in the beginning - when we told people we were having twins they kept saying 'Aren't you excited?' - and the honest answer at that point was, no...I'm pretty freaked out!  And this has not been the easiest pregnancy for me having been on bed rest due to placenta previa since 20 weeks.

Some things that have helped me out:

1.  Find your local mothers of multiples group and join now.  You'll meet women who have been there, done that.  My group is very active and has a Facebook page for questions, and a Facebook consignment page where you can pick up gear for multiples.  They also have a biannual huge consignment sale.  They have an expectant moms chat group before the regular meeting each month, and you can ask all those questions that are bothering you in a judgment free zone (breastfeeding or not, work issues, bed rest, etc).

2.  Read some of the go-to books.  I've read What to Do When You're Having Two and When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets or Quads (although I admit this book is pretty intense and I have not followed all of their recommended eating guidelines).

3.  There are also other Facebook groups online which really show you that you're not alone - such as "Having Twins and Multiples Support" - I believe I had to send a picture of my ultrasound to join since it is a private group.  But people post questions every day about pregnancy with multiples and parenting multiples.

I wish you all the best!!!
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15