December 2015 Moms
Options

Boy name...

I'm only 14 weeks. Don't know whether we are having a boy or girl yet. But.,. Girls name will be Evelyn Grace.
Boys name tho... How would you spell this name??
EmERy Jaxson or EmORy Jaxson?
Should we do ER or OR??

Re: Boy name...

• Options
    I agree with above I like Emory. We are going to use the same middle name if we have a boy but Jaxon. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Emory is a variant spelling of Emery.

So, Emery Jackson would be the most traditional spelling.
  • Options
    Emory is a variant spelling of Emery. So, Emery Jackson would be the most traditional spelling.
    Yep. https://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Emory

Learn something every day. I've only ever seen it as Emory.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Ya'll. Jaxson is just a variant. Like Jaxon and Jackson. It's pretty popular actually.
    I've seen Emery spelled a few different ways too. Emerie...Emory...Emery
  • Options
    We like the name Jaxs. That's why we are spelling it that way.
  • Options
    I like EmORy Jaxson :) - love the different "Jackson" spelling!
  • Options
    forget it.. this is ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Jacks is pronounced the same as Jax. The s is redundant.

If you insist on using an x, please drop the s.

And none of this is ridiculous.
  • Options
    Nope. Sorry.
  • Options
    I think I prefer Emery. It's a nice name, not too common, but not weird. Good choice!

I like the name Jackson, but when you spell it Jaxson, the x and s make the same sound, so it's redundant and unnecessary. It just looks like you don't know how to spell. I would do Jackson or Jaxon. You can use Jax either way.

Good luck choosing, names are always so tough!
  • Options
    My oldest son is named Jack (not short for anything) and nearly all of the Jacks we know are short for Jaxson/Jaxon (I've seen it with both the s and without) and it's actually a very trendy name, at least where I live (west coast). Anyway, the question wasn't about Jaxson and I don't know why anyone needs to get mean about it. As for Emery/Emory, I like the "o" for a boy.
  • Options
    My nephews name is Jaxson :) when I first met the little guy I thought he had the most adorable name! We call him Jax! Either spelling of the first name works as well. Names are so tough, good luck!
  • Options
    I like EmOry for a boy too. And I LOVE the girl name!
    I can't believe people are giving you crap about the middle name that wasn't even in question! So weird :-/
    <3 Rachel <3 
    BabyFruit Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree @jaredkate, @AudriannaMaria & @RachDaRach! Love the names just like they are!! Original:)
  • Options
    Such cute names!! Jaxon is a nice name, spell it however you like! It's your little one, nobody else's! :)
  • Options
    Love the names, nothing wrong with it. Remember as women we should support each other as much as possible and refrain from being rude unless total necessary.
  • Options
    It wasn't rude for me to state the proper spelling. She'd be eaten alive on the baby name board. I think I put it in a polite way.
  • Options

I like Emory. Not a fan of Jaxson with an X, because that's how I feel he would have to always say it.

Hi, I'm Jaxson .. with an X.

• Options
    I like Emory Jackson/ Jaxon but it's your kid!

What do you guys think about the name Huston? Is that a variant spelling? It's my great grandfather's name and I would use his spelling... but also don't want it to be weird. Bf is concerned it would look stupid on a job application later, but he keeps picking names that are in the top 5 and I wanted something more unique/ meaningful... middle name would be George for bf's father

SaveSave
  • Options
    I know a Huston! I eventually nicknamed him Texas lol..but it is a really unique name. :) I like it.
  • Options
    I like Emory Jackson/ Jaxon but it's your kid!

What do you guys think about the name Huston? Is that a variant spelling? It's my great grandfather's name and I would use his spelling... but also don't want it to be weird. Bf is concerned it would look stupid on a job application later, but he keeps picking names that are in the top 5 and I wanted something more unique/ meaningful... middle name would be George for bf's father

I've seen it as a last name: Angelica Huston or John Huston or Walter Huston

Jamie

• Options
    @redfallon bleh. That's what it said when I looked it up... and I found stuff about city names being trendy.  :-q I originally wanted Louis (my dad's name) but that got vetoed b/c we live in St. Louis and have several friends with dogs named Louie (don't care). Huston was my dad's favorite g-pa.

SaveSave
  • Options
    redfallonredfallon member
    edited June 2015
    @redfallon bleh. That's what it said when I looked it up... and I found stuff about city names being trendy.  :-q I originally wanted Louis (my dad's name) but that got vetoed b/c we live in St. Louis and have several friends with dogs named Louie (don't care). Huston was my dad's favorite g-pa.
    If it's a family name, and you love it, you should use it. It's not like you want to name your kid Huston because you like the Houston Astros or something :) <---- to show that you wouldn't be using it as a "trendy" city name. 

Jamie

• Options
    Yeah. I shouldn't have posted it. Emery is family name for us too. And being from Atlanta we know all about Emory University. that's why we picked Emery. Jaxson is a pretty popular spelling down here in Atlanta. I know multiple guys by that name of different ages.
    Thanks for the input ya'll.
  • Options
    Name your child whatever you please ! My daughter has a masculine name, and people bashed me SOO bad on the bump for it.
  • Options
    rpaddis24 said:

Yeah. I shouldn't have posted it. Emery is family name for us too. And being from Atlanta we know all about Emory University. that's why we picked Emery. Jaxson is a pretty popular spelling down here in Atlanta. I know multiple guys by that name of different ages.
    Thanks for the input ya'll.

I have a godson named jaxson! Both names are super cute btw...also Evelyn is our girls name too! Good luck :)

• Options
    I doubt you'd be "eaten alive" for spelling the name a certain way... And if you are.. That's a little ridiculous
  • Options
    AJo32AJo32 member
    edited June 2015
    I prefer Emery for the spelling, but that's probably because DH and I have a friend named Emery and that's the spelling he uses so that's what I'm used to seeing.  I love the name! 

As for the spelling of Jaxson, I wouldn't worry about what anyone else has to say.  Spell it how you like.  I'm a teacher and I've seen it spelled several ways and it's never been an issue.  And to address the issue of having to constantly spell it for people, I wouldn't worry about that either.  My name is Ashley so you'd think people could handle that, but people constantly ask me how to spell it (Ashley, Ashlee, Ashlie, Ashleigh).  It is what it is so I wouldn't let that discourage you from spelling it the way you like.   
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    rewarereware member

However, I will not be taking it over to the baby board to be flamed over.

Oh man, I couldn't agree more - buckle up if anyone heads over there and I'd recommend spectators only!

I checked it out for the first time this AM and it seems there are about 2-3 girls running the show (fortunately I actually agree with most of their opinions so it's pretty entertaining for me) but I had the bizarre thought that these women seem so invested in their cause that they may actually be happy to name every single baby born on the bump this year.

Fair warning, this could be the start of a cult...