Babies on the Brain

Wonky period/pregnancy symptoms

Hello all, my husband and I are not trying but also not preventing (if that makes sense) I've been off my birth control for over a month (I was only on it for 3 months prior...long story but it just wasn't working for me)
This month up until when my period was supposed to start, I have had pregnancy symptoms (or at least from what I remember with my son) I've been starving all day, sensitive to smells and extremely sore breasts.
The day came for my period, I had slight cramps and backche no bleeding though same for the next day. The 3rd day I had some pinkish and then rusty discharge, but no blood. The following day what I think is my period started, it was a medium flow I guess but not heavy. And here we are today with one spot of blood in the morning and now nothing (it's 3:30 pm here.)
I'm not looking for someone to tell me I'm PG. Just want to know if any one else has experienced this. My periods are pretty much like clockwork, so I'm wondering if it has to do with the BC or if it's just weird for no reason. Any input would be great.

Re: Wonky period/pregnancy symptoms

• If you take a test and it is negative then I would just chalk this up to your body regulating from coming off your BC.

My first period off BC was incredibly heavy and long which is unusual for my "norm". It looked like a murder scene.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Mine were horrible while on BC like heavier and more crampy than ever.
    :( I actually already tested a few times,but apparently I bought a bad batch of PG tests b/c not even a control line is showing up...womp
  • Loading the player...
  • serocha said:
    Mine were horrible while on BC like heavier and more crampy than ever. :( I actually already tested a few times,but apparently I bought a bad batch of PG tests b/c not even a control line is showing up...womp
    Ugh! I am sorry I would hate to waste money like that. Hopefully some new tests will give you an answer.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• You period would start 10-14 days after you ovulate.  You say you were "late".  Were you charting to know when you ovulated?  You can't assume your period will be the same length now as it was on BC.  Also, your period length can change at any time.  I say mark that as your period and move on!!!

Also, super sucks about the bad batch of tests.  Hopefully you called and got your money back!!

• Your period length and start time can vary from month to month.  I must admit my period was worse with the second batch of bc I tried, and it's now much better now that I'm not using them.  Regardless of being on bc or not, I've always had symptoms that could be misconstrued as potential pregnancy (sore boobs, moderate to severe nausea, heightened sense of smell), but I know it's nothing more than a period so I'm never alarmed. Most likely those symptoms you were having were related to your change in bc.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers