Preemies
Options

hello

I was due on July 19 and had my baby girl Makenzie on May 23. I had emergency c section due to severe pre eclampsia. She is still in nicu probably won't be home til first week in July. Its so hard I don't feel like a mom this is my first child and I feel so disconnected. I'm so up and down the only time I'm happy us at the hospital. She is doing great but I want my baby home with me. I know this won't last forever but glad I can't vent to others that truly know how I feel.

Re: hello

• Options
    Hi welcome! I hope your LO is doing well and getting closer to coming home! I too had preeclampsia and had to deliver my twins at 34 weeks. They were in the NICU 19 & 25 days. Hardest days of my life. But it got better. Hang in there & welcome!
  • Options
    My daughters name is Mackenzie too! Great name. She was born at 33 weeks due to severe preeclampsia. She spent 21 days in the NICU. I can completely understand how you feel. I spent all day pumping until my husband got home to take me to the hospital. Just make sure when you are there to do plenty of skin to skin. She knows who you are and I'm sure she can't wait to be home either. I know it might be tough now, but I was greatful that I was able to heal some from my c-section before she got home. I have much respect for women who are taking care of a newborn while still healing.