The wait post embryo transfer — The Bump
Success after IF

The wait post embryo transfer

i am only 4 days post embryo transfer and I'm feeling no different. I don't know if I should be feeling any symptoms yet or whether it's too early to tell. Any help? My pregnancy test is in 9 days.

Re: The wait post embryo transfer

• Nurse told me any pg "symptoms" before 5-6w are generally medication side effects (for those of us on meds) or psychosomatic (which I experienced during 8 yrs TTC so believe her). That said, I attribute the sharp cramping 1-2 days after transfer to implantation - although could have been P4 supps. Also both FET's during the 2ww I experienced: sore throat, congestion, breast fullness and (tmi: wet dreams) - got love those drugs (immunosuppressant, estrogen, progesterone). Fatigue and nausea came near 6w for me.

Congratulations on being PUPO!!!

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks so much Sharon, I've just been waiting patiently for a sign that it's worked and I haven't felt anything I had a dream that I got my results and it was negative. Hope it's not a sign. Trying not to think about the 8 days I now need to wait for results. I've heard people experience cramping but I think the only cramping is maybe gas pains?
  • Loading the player...
  • I dreamt I gave birth to a football - my kids look normal enough and aren't particularly sports oriented. I do allow that some dreams might be more than dreams, but I think most dreams reflect our anxieties (preparing for the worst) and hopes (hoping for the best). I also dreamt I got fired at work - that was both anxiety (a little) and hope (more so). Cramping is often associated with the P4 level and body's reaction. For my sticky BFPs, I had period-like cramping with one and not the other. I had spotting with both (darn E2 supps).

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

• The only symptoms I had in the wait after transfer were similar to AF symptoms, mostly insomnia and cramping, but like PP said that could be just a reaction to progesterone.

Try to relax and be positive. I found meditation to be very helpful during the wait. Good luck!
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• I didn't feel any different after my transfer until a few days before my period was due when I started to feel
    Very crampy. I was convinced ivf didn't work so I was stunned by the bfp. Hang in there. May be too early to tell