Natural Birth

Introducing myself!

Hello everyone :) I'm Amanda, I've been peeping at this board for a few days now and you sound like such a warm and positive group so I wanted to introduce myself :)
I'm pregnant for the first time at 11w1d and decided a couple of weeks ago to look into natural birth as an option. Having never been pregnant, and working in an ER, I never really thought to consider natural birth because I'm used to things being very "medicalized", but once I did some research it quickly became clear that natural birth was the only way I wanted to deliver. (of course, emergencies can happen, but not going there right now.) I became a patient under the local midwife group, and even the appointments with midwives opposed to OB's is very different! So much warmer and they really have the time to talk extensively with you! I'm just very happy with my choice.
I do have a question that maybe someone might be able to help me with - even when I was younger I always wanted to plant the placenta and then plant a tree over it. However, I live in New England and am due January 4th....is hope lost for me on this front or is there a way to "preserve" the placenta and its nutrients until the spring?
Again, nice meeting you all, and congratulations on your pregnancies :)

Re: Introducing myself!

• Lurker here that's WTTC, but in love with Natural Birth methods...

Could you encapsulate the placenta into a pill form and then place the pills in with the tree? That service seems fairly common. I LOVE the idea of planting the placenta with a tree by the way! That's a fantastic way to acknowledge your little one and your birth.
  • Thank you, I'll definitely look into the pill form for the tree!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there and welcome. I'm in NZ, it's pretty common culturally for people to plant placentas under a tree. I did with both of mine (actually only the first the second is still waiting to be planted)

I just kept mine in the freezer, (double and triple bagged!) until we were ready to get onto that. I'm sure the nutrient was still pretty good.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• My 1st birth was with OB and my 2nd was with m/w ---- so glad for the m/w - definitely the right fit for me. Congrats on your pg! Glad to see you informing yourself!

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker