December 2014 Moms

Just curious

jbird1222jbird1222 member
edited May 2015 in December 2014 Moms
What's going on in your LO's life?

Lately we've been dealing with constipation (no fun) and the usual toy eating fest. I am also going on day four without giving DS a bath :|
If you smell a stinky child....it's probably mine lol

ETA: when we do make time for bath....DS has decided he has to pee in the nice clean bath water before we can continue...

Re: Just curious

• stejjystejjy member
    LO is currently kicking the tail end of a cold. So. Much. Snot. He's also mastered the art of rolling over and teleporting two metres away from where I put him down. I never see him do it, so I can only assume.
  • We've got teeth incoming. It's a nonstop drool fest right now. We're also starting to crawl and LO really likes sitting and standing. He can sit by himself but he's still a bit wobbly so I put a lot of pillow around if I need to get up for a minute.

Question, OP, have you considered taking a shower with LO? We have a bath stool we use (it's a Japanese thing) but it's so helpful! I sit and wash LO, the put him in his bathtub/chair, and wash myself at night. It gets us both clean and I don't have to rush to clean myself and have time to relax at night. Just a thought :)
  • Loading the player...
  • That's a great idea! Hadn't thought about that. What kind of seat do you put him in while you wash?

Lately he's decided to turn his last nap time into bedtime....which is killing me because the difference between a 6am wake up and 7am wake up is huuuuge in my sleep book.

• @jbird1222 - I have heard people use the bumbo, but can't attest to the overall safety.

LO still can perform calculus as well as a one year old. :D

Test
  • A prodigy in the making! @CandEChicago :-bd

I've tried the bumbo and he hates it! He looks at me like "what the heck am I supposed to do now?" Plus his extra chunks legs don't agree with those leg holes.
  • My LO can sit for 5 seconds before falling over. Is that considered sitting unassisted? Or is sitting unassisted means no falling over for a longer period of time?
  • jbird1222 said:

That's a great idea! Hadn't thought about that. What kind of seat do you put him in while you wash?

Lately he's decided to turn his last nap time into bedtime....which is killing me because the difference between a 6am wake up and 7am wake up is huuuuge in my sleep book.

We bought a plastic tub originally when he was a newborn and he still *fits* well enough to enjoy a short warm bath after he's washed while I wash. It's been a huge help to me since I figured out I could do that :0
  • @jbird1222 - what about a mesh ring sling? I havr seen them in amazon for pool/beach wear. I think I remember someone saying in my mommy group that they used it for the shower...obviously drop the temp on the shower so it isn't too warm for LO.

Test
  • My LO can sit for 5 seconds before falling over. Is that considered sitting unassisted? Or is sitting unassisted means no falling over for a longer period of time?

From my experience, it means a longer period of time. This is indicated by good control of neck and back muscles. Don't worry if LO isn't there yet. They all hit milestones at different times
  • Mine is rolling finally! He hasn't quite figured out how he does it but the accidents happen regularly! He really wants to crawl. He'll roll on his tummy the try and pull forward with his arms, gets frustrated and screams. He loves blowing raspberries, especially at his dad. We've tried solids a couple times but he doesn't really like it. Considering baby led weaning.image
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • diz1313diz1313 member
    Baby A is a rolling machine! She is all over the place getting into stuff as much as she can. She also has two lower teeth on the bottom to sink into your hand when you aren't paying attention.

Baby B is still just lounging about and being pretty. She babbles up a storm though. Her teeth are refusing to pop through though I can see where they are pushing. She's got a LOT of curly hair up on her head.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • @CandEChicago so I looked those up...then clicked exit when I saw the $50 price tag lol
  • Mine is just starting to roll onto her tummy but can't get back over what was the best way that people taught their little one to roll back again it's driving me crazy flipping her back over every few minutes she's now 5.5 months and also can't sit unassisted..
  • DS can sit unassisted for up to 5 seconds for now. He rolls over from stomach to back and back to side. He eats solids and loves them. He has mastered a sippy cup. Sleeps through the night since 5 weeks (hopefully it lasts) talks up a storm. Sings with me and he LOVES peek-a-boo.
    Andplusalso he is joining a punk band as their lead singer, he is so talneted!
  • DD has been diving and lurching for things that she wants to grab so I have to hold on extra tight. She sits up unassisted and can reach out to pick something up in front of or beside her and then regain upright posture this week. She is leg crazy this week, as well. She just wants to push on her legs all the time, so last night I stood her up at the edge of the tub and let her hold on with her hands and stand on her legs. She just stood there squealing with proudness for almost 3 minutes. It was such a thing for her that she couldn't wind down afterward and happily stayed up until 10:30 last night and woke up kicking her legs all might, practicing I guess (zombie mom this morning).
  • DD is wiggling its the best to explain.. While your hold her, while she plays, while eats just wiggles lol (Im laughing now as I write this) She rounds over, Sits up, Eats some baby food,two teeth just a happy wiggling baby. We are on a rountine which I love. What a beautiful time
  • I feel you! Diaper changes are becoming a 10 minute task whereas before took me 2 seconds. LO loves to roll over during diaper changes. :-S but I love this age! So much fun :)
  • I feel you! Diaper changes are becoming a 10 minute task whereas before took me 2 seconds. LO loves to roll over during diaper changes. :-S but I love this age! So much fun :)

I have the same thing happen with my LO! It's really bad sometimes because he's teething and that poop is not fun! I end up having to run him under the shower sometimes because he moved so much we both need a rinse!
  • Yup poopy fingers and clothes don't phase my anymore lol haha :|
  • Baby is almost 6.5 months. She rarely rolls from belly to back. Never rolls from back to belly and doesn't seem interested. She sits up almost unassisted. Don't babies have to learn to roll both directions before being able to sit up? She did it backwards I guess.
  • Baby is almost 6.5 months. She rarely rolls from belly to back. Never rolls from back to belly and doesn't seem interested. She sits up almost unassisted. Don't babies have to learn to roll both directions before being able to sit up? She did it backwards I guess.

Some babies do things a little backwards. My sister walked before crawling :/ and I've seen babies do a number of things in disorder haha. I wouldn't worry so much unless there is a concern by the doctor or something.